wheel size - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible > Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning
Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Saab NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-12-03

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                
Default wheel size

i am looking to get some new alessio F1 18" rims and i was wondering what was a safe wheel size to puton so there wouldnt be any rubbing. also if someone could recomend some high grip/performance tires that would satisfy these size requirements. lastly while im asking is there anything special i need to do to these alessio f1 rims for them to fit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-03
Super Moderator

Join Date: Jan 2003                                                
My Saabs: 9000 2.3 stg3, 9-5 waggon

Taking that your stock size is 195 - 60 15" then the best tyre size on 18" rims will be 225 - 35 18", if such a tyre size exists, those 2 sizes are exact rotational matches, 225 is the widest that you can sensibly go, if the offset is to high or low or the car has been lowered significantly there may be some rubbing when at full lock.
Go here to play with a tyre size calculator;
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Old 12-12-03
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2002                                                
My Saabs: 99 9-5 Sedan,87 Airflow,05 9-5 Wagon

Im running an 18"rim with a 1.75" drop w/225x40's > i get a little rubbing when hitting big dips and making sharp turns!
I would recommend getting a 215x40 tire if you will be running a similiar application like the one i mentioned above!
If your ride height is stock i dont see you having any problems with the 225x40's!

hope that helps!
Old 12-12-03

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                

thanks for the imput guys....thats just what i needed to know!
Old 13-12-03
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2003                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3 Viggen

I run 7,5*18" OZ Vela wheels offset 42 with 225/40-18 Pirelli P7000 and I have no problems with rubbing at all !! The car is lowered about 35mm with H&R springs..
I would say 225/40 is the size to go for ! Just make sure the offset is correct, if it's very low the risk for rubbing increases !
Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement