Leather Restore Time! - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge
The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd August 2010
#1 Super Guy!

Join Date: Nov 2007                                                
My Saabs: 93 C900T vert, 95 9K Stg3+, 96 GOOSE
Default Leather Restore Time!

I've got a couple of Saab leather seats I want to restore, so I figured lounge was best for this question. I found this website, LeatherWorldTech and I'm not sure which color my seats are! I selected Saab as the option, but I'm not sure which color to pick! For example, I want the color of the stock NG900\9K color. It's a tanish beige color. Does anyone know which color this would be?
Also, my seats are VERY dried and cracked, but there are no tears at all. does this kit look like it will handle the job? Does anoyone have any experience with it? What are some other products out there?
Thanks guys,
Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd August 2010
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 05 9-5 Aero, 97 9000 Aero, 88 9000 Turbo

Try Gliptone (a UK product). My old Chrysler had cardboard like leather seats and it restored it to almost brand new pliability.

It also the only product that smells like and will make your leather smell like proper leather.
Old 4th August 2010

Join Date: Feb 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1995 900SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlegs View Post
Try Gliptone (a UK product). My old Chrysler had cardboard like leather seats and it restored it to almost brand new pliability.

It also the only product that smells like and will make your leather smell like proper leather.
I second that opinion - it's the best leather cleaner/conditioner I have ever used, I have tried many over the years (Autoglym, Meguires etc). Gliptone only available directly from supplier though, but worth the wait!

http://www.liquidleather.com/
Old 4th August 2010
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 05 9-5 Aero, 97 9000 Aero, 88 9000 Turbo

You can also buy it from ebay.co.uk
Old 4th August 2010
jeff3

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMiKaZi_t0M View Post
I've got a couple of Saab leather seats I want to restore, so I figured lounge was best for this question. I found this website, LeatherWorldTech and I'm not sure which color my seats are! I selected Saab as the option, but I'm not sure which color to pick! For example, I want the color of the stock NG900\9K color. It's a tanish beige color. Does anyone know which color this would be?
Also, my seats are VERY dried and cracked, but there are no tears at all. does this kit look like it will handle the job? Does anoyone have any experience with it? What are some other products out there?
Thanks guys,
Tom
I have used the exact dyes you are talking about. Once in a 1989 Edwardian Grey Turbo vert and once in a 1995 Turbo vert. The beige you are getting from Leatherworld Tech is for classic 900's and will NOT match the NG 900 series and on. Regardless, age, wear and sun will have modified the original color and you would not get a particularly close match anyway. I elected to change colors. This is what I did.
Old 5th August 2010
SaabNut!

Join Date: May 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero V6 turbo charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlegs View Post

My seats are starting to look worn; especially after that lovely road trip we took. I'm going to use Gliptone to see how well it works. From what I read on the reviews, it's a great product. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement