SaabCentral Forums banner

Has anyone got an atmospheric dump valve fitted?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bald one 
#1 ·
If yes, do you recommend it ? I have heard they can give stalling problems. Any tech information on this subject appreciated, thanks. Paul.

#2 ·
If you're going to fit an atmospheric dump valve you need to get the Bailey DV26 Evo, which has been designed for use with cars fitted with mass meters.

I've run both atmospheric and re-circulating ones on my car, and prefer the closed loop one.

#3 ·
I used to have the original Bailey type Trent Saab sold for the B201, back when Saabine still had a B201.. :smile:
Anyways, it worked perfectly then and as I did not want to disturb things when converting to 16 valves and LH injection, I asked Glenn whether I could retain the athmospheric set up. Sure, he said, a god few of our customers run atmospheric valves on their T16s. So I did just that and have no driveability issues whatsoever to report, except from the fact that I had to do some adjustments to the valve and throttle dashpot in order to avoid the near-stalling I sometimes experienced when coming down from high speeds/rpm and dumping the clutch fo a downshift. Sounds nice, too :smile:

Happy Saabing,
Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.