It's time to replace the 9000 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 22nd May 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero
Default It's time to replace the 9000

Ever since I got my 9-5, I haven't spent much time over here in the 9000 forums. My old 9000 became my winter car and it has gradually gotten worse and worse. It's too the point where I believe the slave is going out and the body is rusting pretty bad. not to mention the poor roll on paint job I previously did. Anyway, it has come to the point that I am thinking about junking it.

So, I went out on craigslist to check for replacement Saab 9000's (since I like them) and I came across this.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1736038574.html

Now, I live in Grand Rapids, so it's almost a three hour drive out there. I sent him an email asking for more pictures, more information, and other various things. If it is indeed just the DI, I have an extra I am going to bring and see if it starts and runs. With 258k miles on it, it's higher than my current 9000. 258k isn't bad if it has been maintained well. How well do the TD-04's hold up in the 9000's? I know in the 9-5's they are virtually bulletproof, but I don't know about the 9000's? If I can get it running, I am thinking of offering 500 for it. He says he know's it's rare, but I might be able to sucker him into it. If I can't get it running, I won't buy it. And even if I do get it running, if it has a TCS (if equipped) problem or transmission problem or turbo problem, I am walking away. I know it won't be problem free, but I don't want to fall into a death trap. The only reason I am considering it is because it's an Aero. Worse comes to worse, I can part it out for the rims and turbo and then scrap it.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I haven't had any experience with the 94 Aero's. I have a 9-5 Aero and it's great! Granted it has less miles and newer, but I love it. I would like to experience the predecessor so what should I do? How should I go about this the right way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd May 2010

Join Date: May 2009                                                
My Saabs: 96 9000 aero 2004 93 2.2 diesel
Thumbs up

looks nice in black... if it is the di it sounds cheap enough ( about 500 in my money) more pics would be nice..wheel arches are common, if the rust isnt too bad you could repair otrherwise its wheelarch repair kits and a days work id say... black rocky interior very nice, mines silver and has the same interior.... defo worth a look id say...regards mick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22nd May 2010

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Justin, offer the guy $750. You'll get that back and more just parting out the car, if nothing else. A good full set of Aero front & rear seats can easily get $300-500.

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement