97 9000 cse electrical issue - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12th May 2010

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 93 9000 aero 5 spd.
Default 97 9000 cse electrical issue

i have a 97 cse that is my daily driver. Just recently my windows, sunroof, turn signals and wipers all stopped working, the rest of the car seems normal. When i first tried to use the windows there was a moaning noise coming from the dash and the windows slowly creeped up but could not close. Since then nothing has worked and the windows only make a clicking noise from where the fuse box is. does anyone know the cause of this issue and how i could fix it? ive checked all my fuses, could it possibly be a relay or some greater issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12th May 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 1997 Aero manual

Fuses 8,9 and 11 control these components. The reversing lamps and the " reduced low beam (driving lights)" will also fail if fuses 9 and 11 blow. I think that means the odd single bulb in the one headlight but I am unsure about that.

The Owner's Handbook does not list any specific relays involved in these components except for that low beam (relay K).
Old 12th May 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: '94 9kcs, 9kcde, '95 9kcse, all turbo

Don't know if it is related. I know for a fact a broken reverse light switch causes the fuse to pop at one time on my 94cs. It got so bad I kept a bag of 30 amp fuses in the car to replace it, until I found the culprit and replaced the switch behind the gear box.
Old 13th May 2010

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaofeng View Post
Don't know if it is related. I know for a fact a broken reverse light switch causes the fuse to pop at one time on my 94cs. It got so bad I kept a bag of 30 amp fuses in the car to replace it, until I found the culprit and replaced the switch behind the gear box.
I keep this in my trunk ..... hey you just never know:

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Old 18th May 2010

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 93 9000 aero 5 spd.

Ive noticed that the car makes a clicking noise coming from under the passenger seat when i try to use the windows, blinkers, ect. Under the seat there appears to be something that resembles some sort of amp and two relays zip tied to the the metal framework of the seat. Could these relays or some other electrical components under the seat be the problem?
Old 19th May 2010

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9kaero View Post
Ive noticed that the car makes a clicking noise coming from under the passenger seat when i try to use the windows, blinkers, ect. Under the seat there appears to be something that resembles some sort of amp and two relays zip tied to the the metal framework of the seat. Could these relays or some other electrical components under the seat be the problem?
That's the stereo power amp. Don't see how it could affect window operation or cause the other symptoms you are experiencing.

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement