SaabCentral Forums banner

GM-LL-A-025 spec oils

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  finklejag 
#1 ·
0W-30

I posted this awhile back. I have read that the SAAB full synthetic oil is Mobil 1 long life 0W-30. It is only sold in Europe.

#2 ·
finklejag said:
0W-30

I posted this awhile back. I have read that the SAAB full synthetic oil is Mobil 1 long life 0W-30. It is only sold in Europe.
I think we should just stick with what is recommended for use in north America, namely the 0W40 grade, available only from Mobil 1. I know that Mobil has put a lot of money into ads to sell their products, but hey who doesn't? But it's a proven oil product and it works.

#3 ·
how much is the oil from the dealer? I know they quote like $85 for an oil change in our 9-3 at my dealer, but I do not know how much they charge to buy the oil alone. My wife was roped into buying some advanced pay of a bunch of oil changes for what wound up being $16 per change for the 9-3. this was before I read the manual on the oil change interval of course. But they have changed the oil twice in 8k miles with Saab specified synthetics no questions asked.

#4 ·
55spy said:
how much is the oil from the dealer? I know they quote like $85 for an oil change in our 9-3 at my dealer, but I do not know how much they charge to buy the oil alone. My wife was roped into buying some advanced pay of a bunch of oil changes for what wound up being $16 per change for the 9-3. this was before I read the manual on the oil change interval of course. But they have changed the oil twice in 8k miles with Saab specified synthetics no questions asked.
The dealer probably charges around $12.00 per litre if you were to buy the 0W40 oil only. You can get it for about $5 per quart from a Mobil 1 distributor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.