Front Bumper For 9-5? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 30th March 2010

Join Date: Apr 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1999 Saab 9-5 M/T
Default Front Bumper For 9-5?

Sup guys i need a front bumper for my 9-5? is any one selling one or know any sites that might sell them?
Advertisement

Old 30th March 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: '04 9-5 Aero Wagon 5-spd

How important is price, color, etc.? Brockton Auto in Brockton, MA has a bumper cover for $150.

If you are interested in a new one, there are a few companies that specialize in "remanufactured" bumpers. This basically means that they take bumpers that are typically in good shape from junkyard cars and then sand them down and primer them so that they are ready to paint. I actually did the research on this a couple months ago and bought one for myself after my car went in to a ditch. There is one company in Portland, OR that does it and there is also a company here in Dallas that does it. The cost is ~$250 + $80 for shipping.
Old 30th March 2010

cool and i just want the scarab green in good condition doesnt have to be the best. ill give it a look because i defintly want to fix my bumper before the summer comes
Old 30th March 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: MY00 Aero (272hp/295ftlbs T7suite)

what happened to the one you had on there?

One thing about me: I'm better at hiding than they are at vision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwakeup View Post
what happened to the one you had on there?
um its a bit beat up i bought the car like that. it's not really a big deal but when close up you could see the dents. Im going to try to go this autobody shop about 10 mins away from home and going to see how much they'll charge to repair it

Last edited by R.I.-Saabs; 30th March 2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 31st March 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.-Saabs View Post
cool and i just want the scarab green in good condition doesnt have to be the best. ill give it a look because i defintly want to fix my bumper before the summer comes
If you want one that is already green, M&J Auto Recycling in Colchester, CT has two green ones to choose from. No price listed.
Old 31st March 2010
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Put a wanted add in the classifieds?
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 31st March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT5 View Post
If you want one that is already green, M&J Auto Recycling in Colchester, CT has two green ones to choose from. No price listed.
nice man any links?
Old 31st March 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon HOT
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT5 View Post
How important is price, color, etc.? Brockton Auto in Brockton, MA has a bumper cover for $150.

If you are interested in a new one, there are a few companies that specialize in "remanufactured" bumpers. This basically means that they take bumpers that are typically in good shape from junkyard cars and then sand them down and primer them so that they are ready to paint. I actually did the research on this a couple months ago and bought one for myself after my car went in to a ditch. There is one company in Portland, OR that does it and there is also a company here in Dallas that does it. The cost is ~$250 + $80 for shipping.
The whole bumper cover for $150? Do you know what year that is for and what condition it is in? The fiberglass on mine is cracking since it is 10 years old and it might be cheaper to by another one and paint it if it needs it. Also what color is it? if it is black that would be awesome.
Old 31st March 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breau View Post
The whole bumper cover for $150? Do you know what year that is for and what condition it is in? The fiberglass on mine is cracking since it is 10 years old and it might be cheaper to by another one and paint it if it needs it. Also what color is it? if it is black that would be awesome.
No color listed. It is an A grade part that lists 1 unit of damage due to "scuffs". Most yards won't even bother listing parts that have structural damage such as big cracks or breaks, so it is probably in decent shape. It is from an '01, but should fit anything from '99-'01 according to the EPC.

EDIT: Ken's Auto Salvage in Kingston, NH (~1 hr from Boston proper) has a black one listed for $250. The only note with it is "minor scuffs".

Last edited by WhiteT5; 31st March 2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 1st April 2010

Join Date: Jan 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1997 9000 Aero 1998 95 R5

Dont want to hijack your thread but just a thought would a bumper from a 2004 or newer fit on a 1998 without changing wings i know it would need the headlights and side indicators and what a bout the rear would that fit straight on too just something going round in my head as i really would like HIDs and after reading wether they are/not legal and like clear headlights too look much more modern than standard ones with the pattern lines on them
Old 1st April 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon HOT
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence9000aero View Post
Dont want to hijack your thread but just a thought would a bumper from a 2004 or newer fit on a 1998 without changing wings i know it would need the headlights and side indicators and what a bout the rear would that fit straight on too just something going round in my head as i really would like HIDs and after reading wether they are/not legal and like clear headlights too look much more modern than standard ones with the pattern lines on them
Plenty of that info on this forum of that switch, just do a search.
Old 1st April 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence9000aero View Post
Fitting the new style front bumper requires the new style fenders at the very least. Even if you got all of this done, you would then have to figure out how to work the HID wiring and auto-leveling mechanisms in to the picture. Then you would have to have the the level sensors married to a car that doesn't even know such a thing exists. Sooo.... is it doable? Yes. Will it be an enormous/expensive headache? Most definitely .

As for the rear, there are 4 different styles of bumpers that were fitted to the 9-5 during its production. One was for '98-'01. Then there was '02-'03. Then '04-'05. And of course the '06 and later bumper.
Old 1st April 2010

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
My Saabs: 92 9kT manual-TCS, 04 9-5 Aero auto
Default Painted bumper cover ?

Not trying to hijack, but just wondering if anybody has had any experience with one of the parts suppliers here in the "listings" section (USA).

Has anybody ordered a bumper cover from "The Saabsite" and also ordered their paint option? I have a Black 2004 Aero w/headlight sprayers, and I'm considering this route.

I'm just wondering how good it would look and how well it would survive the shipping process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement