Paul Olivers Build Thread, 04 Vector - Page 8 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th May 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2004 VTuned Aero

Looks good man. Question, how are you installing these back in there? You're going to have to cut a big hole in the bumper for the back of the projector to fit through right? I'm thinking of doing this because one of my fogs isn't working for some reason and the other had yellow capsules but melted today and ruined it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th May 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 93 2.2tid Vector Sport

Yeah i think will will, although the hole will only need to be about 50mm diameter, so a hole saw would do the job nicely and its not like itll prevent me fitting normal fogs again if i wish. Wiring wise, im whacking in hids, so ill reuse the connector i had to break off the back and then the spades on the ends will hook up to the hids.
04 Saab 9-3 2.2 TID Vector Sport. 6K dips, 3K projector fogs, LED sides, Nav, Aero Leather, Boston S35 dash, Fli rear, Infinity doors, JL sub, hidden park sensors, pressed plates, full LED interior lights, black badges, M5 window spoiler, 08+ bridge spoiler, colour coded bump strips, washers and nav fin, Aero front splitter, Duplex straight through exhaust
Old 13th May 2011
Saab Lunatic

Projectors have been tidied up with nice new black plastic covering the guts (i made some chrome ones but they looked way too tarty!) and the front lenses have been siliconed back on. All thats left to do now is polish those lenses up nicely (they look worse than they are in the photos!) and wait another 4 weeks before i return home to fit them unless i can borrow some tools off anybody locally and do it at uni! Although that means i cant fit my 3k hids as they are sitting at home so i may as well wait and do it all properly.

04 Saab 9-3 2.2 TID Vector Sport. 6K dips, 3K projector fogs, LED sides, Nav, Aero Leather, Boston S35 dash, Fli rear, Infinity doors, JL sub, hidden park sensors, pressed plates, full LED interior lights, black badges, M5 window spoiler, 08+ bridge spoiler, colour coded bump strips, washers and nav fin, Aero front splitter, Duplex straight through exhaust
Old 13th May 2011
Saab Lunatic

Are they just halogens right now? Will the stock harness attach to those fogs? They look like they are similar.

I grabbed a set of crappy projectors from the store today for H3's to see if I could make a setup. For some reason when I connect my 12v power they don't light up. Either they both don't work or I'm missing something...

How'd you make the trim pieces?
Old 14th May 2011
Saab Lunatic

yeah just bog standard halogens in there right now, i think the stock harness will fit, but with hids that doesnt matter. Try rigging your power souce directly to the bulbs rather than the wiring to see if its the bulbs that are shot. The trims were made with a holesaw and a band saw to trim the plastic to shape, then bonded on.
Old 27th May 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2007 Saab 93 2.0T

Any new updates Paul?
Old 28th May 2011
Saab Lunatic

Not yet man, i return home in just over a weeks time for 1 night, so fingers crossed i can fit them then! It would be nice to actually do something on the car for once! Otherwise it will be the following week after when i am home for the summer

Jobs for summer:
*Fit projector fogs
*Get a Hirsch Remap
*Refurbish wheels
*Sort exhaust cut outs
*Respray rear valance, spoiler and front splitter
*Spray door handles body colour
*Finish ignition switch led (its disconnected right now)
*Leds in arm rest compartment
*Smoked chrome headlights
*Service+clean EGR and inlet manifold
*Spray wheel bolts black again
*Fit ARB bushes
*Honeycomb Grill
*Build strut brace
*Build chasis brace
*Detail Paintwork
Old 7th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

Returned home today and got round to fitting my new fogs

Excuse the weird white balance (my headlights are proper blue, not green!) and the dirty car, i rinsed it..then decided i really could not be bothered to wash it tonight haha

Bulbs are brand new 3000k, so they havent turned their proper yellow quite yet, i am tempted to lamin-x the fogs yellow anyway just because i kind of liked it when i had them yellow a while ago. I need to setup the fogs so they are level, they are pretty much right already though
Old 7th June 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3 Vector 6MT Vtuner

Looks damn good, really like your retrofit
Old 7th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

Thanks man i am happy how they have turned out, i like how stealthy they look when turned off!

Old 8th June 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2007 Saab 93 2.0T

Hey Paul,

How do you remove the mirror base to paint or wrap with carbon fiber? The black plastic next to the mirror.
Old 9th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

Take off the door card, then remove the black plastic trim that sits above the door card (and directly behind the mirror). Once these are removed you will see 3 bolts to remove and your wing mirror will fall off
Old 9th June 2011
Super Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-3SS Hirsched Aero(Black)The Lady
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOliver View Post
your wing mirror will fall off
your door..

ICM3 13sp system now with bluetooth audio streaming..
Old 17th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero Convertible 2.8TM, Vtune 0

Did you ever get the illuminated ignition switch sorted? I would love to add that to my 2006...

Sean

Saab Aero Academy Alumni
Old 17th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

No, i have been meaning to but lack of time and enthusiasm has prevented me! When i do i shall fill you in
Old 18th June 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero Convertible 2.8TM, Vtune 0

Please do....I am a little detail nerd, and this mod as well as a nice ambient overhead lighting are high on my to do list....

Sean

Saab Aero Academy Alumni
Old 2nd July 2011
Saab Lunatic

I have barely touched my car recently but I did give her a quick clean!

So much to do, so little enthusiasm and time!
Old 2nd July 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero JZW Tuned
Garage

looking good man
Old 5th July 2011
Saab Lunatic

Cheers dude!

My sub has been getting on my nerves recently, its pretty much stuck on the lowest setting as i really dont need that much bass and the fact it takes up half of my boot is really frustrating when carting stuff about so i have decided to drop down to a 10inch sub and build a fibreglass hosuing to accomodate it:

As you can see its a copy of the original boot lining, retaining the handle so that the sub can be removed to access the tail lights as well as looking a little bit more oem.

Ran out of resin annoyingly, got a few more layers to go! Notches cut out are where i hyadnt noticed large bubbles, so those areas will be redone. Fingers crossed it sounds alright and i will have most of my boot back :P Shame it couldnt sit a little more flush to the edge but it needs enough volume to work correctly.
Old 6th July 2011
Saab Lunatic

Looks good Paul. How many cuft do you need for the sub? Luckily my BA only needs minimal cuft so I could keep my box relatively low profile. Wish I had found a darker carpet but oh well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement