SaabCentral Forums banner

2003 Saab 9-5 Arc v6 Halogen lights not working

4K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  gghh 
#1 ·
I replaced the standard H7 bulbs and still no light. The previous H7 bulbs looked fine on removal.

I checked all the fuses in the side dash and they are fine as well.

Before I replace FR15 in the fuse area above the battery in the engine compartment, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to check if FR15 is broken by visual inspection or other means?

2. What is the Part# for FR15 and where can I order it?

3. Any other reason the halogen headlights may not be working?

Thanks,
Thomas

#3 ·
Thank you. I did read up on all the posts on the orange relay, but the fuse boxes on my V6 Arc do not match the pictures shown and there is no orange relay that I can see.

I've ordered a replacement Bosch low headlight relay and will see if that fixes it.

#5 ·
The highbeams (from the xenon HIDs) and fogbeams work fine. The xenon HIDs do flicker slightly.

I will double-check, but I think the low beam fuse looked ok. I'll go buy a multimeter/voltimeter(?) from Radio Shack and measure the fuse voltage.

#8 ·
Sorry for the confusion. There are a number of lights in the front.

1. Side/Parking lights
2. Xenon HID lights
3. lower fog lights
4. front facing/main halogen H7 low beam lights

It is only #4 that is not working for me. Everything else works fine (except for the flicker in the Xenon HIDs which I assume is a sign of age and that they need to be replaced later).

#10 ·
Odd. Thank you for helping. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to deliberately disagree or be difficult.

The round lights (no mirror reflectors) on the outside of my Arc are xenons. When I look at the bulb from inside the engine bay, they have the squarish connectors of xenon lights. They are currently working, but with a slight flicker.

The next set of lights towards the middle of the car are the ones that do not work. When I removed the bulbs from these light bays, they are H7 halogen. Their power connectors come from the back. The light housing for these is also mirrored and reflective.

A xenon bulb with the squarish power connector will not fit in this bay or connect up to the power connectors. As a result of all this, I do believe they are regular halogens.

I bought this car used last year and these lights have never worked.

#12 ·
Maybe a picture will help.

In the attached picture of the driver-side headlamp, going from the left to right, it is the leftmost (innermost) light that is not working.

Is this a halogen or xenon bulb? I thought the xenon bulb is the one next to it on the right. Those are working ok.

EDIT: The innermost lights are not working on both sides. I cannot get them to light at any light switch toggle setting either during the day or night. Thanks again for your input.

EDIT EDIT: Rereading your other post:
"There are no low beam H7 lights in a xenon equipped car. The H7 lights next to the HID lights are only highbeams."
Odd again, because when I turn on high beams on my car, the halogens still do not turn on, but the HIDs do change (angle/direction?) and the light does become brighter in short range.

Attachments

#14 ·
So you are saying everything is normal?

Is it possible to run the halogen and xenon lights at the same time (without high beams)? I just did a forum search and could not find anything about a setting or modification to do this.

Thanks again for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.