One more to Vtune soon! - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 25th January 2010

Join Date: Apr 2009                                                
My Saabs: BLK 07 9-3 Aero MT
Default One more to Vtune soon!

Hey guys. Just wanted to do a quick intro. I'm a Pittsburgh guy and purchased my Black 2007 9-3 Aero (MT) about 10 months ago. Love it so far after putting about 11K on it. Shortly after buying I joined here and started reading, obviously not posting.

I decided I wanted my first upgrade to be a tune and placed my order with Vtuner about 5 minutes ago. I can't wait.

Inspection is due soon and will need new tires and front brakes. I decided to go ahead with some new wheels while Im at it. I'm having trouble deciding between Moda MD7, MD8 and Borbet XL with black accent in 18's. Would love to see some pics of these on black cars if you have them. I saw some of the MD7s on blue and white. Looked great.

Just wanted to say thanks as you all have provided me with a lot of great info. so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: wife's 04 9-3, my 9-3, fd3s in garage

hey, welcome to the site

sorry I don't have any pics to help you out with but i'm sure you'll be thrilled with that tune just like everyone else is
Old 25th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan

Welcome to the site!

Your gonna love the Vtune, and Brian is top notch.

I just got my Stage 0, and already working on going to Stage 1.

Did you get it delivered the 2 day or regular mail?

Stephen
Vtune Satge 0 - CAI - Glowshift Boost Gauge
Old 25th January 2010

I had it delivered regular mail. I have to take my car in for service this Sat. so I don't want to do it before that. After I get back, I'll get to work on installing!
Old 30th January 2010

I just wanted to give a quick update. My package arrived Friday, I made it to the post office with one min. to spare to pick it up! I followed the instructions from Brian's email and did the read from the car. It took about a half hour total and was not complicated. I mailed him my stock tune Friday evening.

Less than 24 hrs later on a weekend, no less, Brian sent me my stage 0 tune. I went straight to the car and flashed it. I do have to admit, as I've never done anything like this before, the software ticked through all the steps I got a little nervous and thought..."what if this doesn't even start up!" No problems. It took about one min. literally and I was headed out for a test.

I have to say, it's fantastic! It's almost like magic, do nothing else other than hook up a computer for a minute, start it up and the car transforms. When I ordered I thought for a second, do I really want to spend my money on this, is it going to be worth it? For me, yes! It is.

Some of you may ask the same question I did before I did this, is it really going to make a discernable difference, will it be night and day? Yes, most certainly, night and day difference. I literally giggled out loud when I hit the accelerator for the first time in second gear.

Next upgrade...rims and tires, brake pads and rotors. It's an expensive start to the year! haha

Thanks everyone, without this board, I would have never known about this. And thanks to Brian as well. Top notch.
Old 2nd February 2010

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero Sportcombi

Hello everyone, just bought a 07 9-3 Aero Sportcombi that is amazing and of course I usually mod my cars. There are people that rave about vtuner by Brian however my question is his program seems to put down more power than say BSR, 320hp & 405ftlbs vs 285hp & 354ftlbs which is a huge difference? Now is BSR reporting to the wheels and Vtuner at the flyweel which I doubt? My main question is Brian's software running way more dangerous to get that extra power, has anyone actually gone and "Dyno'd" there cars to even see what the A/F ratio is and to verify the power??

I'm all about getting more power but it has to be done correctly and safe so our cars will actually last a long time. I love this car and will most likely keep this one for 10+ years. BSR and Nordic tune are major tuning companies why would they leave all that extra power there if it can be done that safely with just a computer tune being the difference?
Old 2nd February 2010
Super Moderator

Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
My Saabs: owns a volvo?

BSR turns up the boost.
Vtune tunes your engine.
Case closed.
Old 2nd February 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2009                                                
My Saabs: '03 Saab 9-3 2.0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-3gotboostAERO View Post
BSR turns up the boost.
Vtune tunes your engine.
Both tune up your card balance...

j/k
Old 2nd February 2010

Yes I have just spent a couple of hours reading through the vtune threads and Brian seem to know what he doing and everyone is impressed. However, it was mentioned in several threads as well about safety of the tunes. No where did I read what anyone's A/F ratios were, or what psi does Brian's tune run the turbo vs Bsr let's say.

Has anyone have this information available that is independently tested? I know Brian could provide it for me but was just looking for some independent testing since he is a small operation right now unlike Nordic, or Bsr?

Thanks for the help and with all that said I am leaning toward the Vtune but I just want to make sure its a safe tune for the car.
Old 3rd February 2010

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                

Tom,

From what I understand:

With a purchase from VTuner you receive HPTuner Software and a USB to 'Saab' plug. Basically you can plug your laptop into you car any/all the time and see the live feed of the information you are talking about/log it/change it/troubleshoot with it.. etc.

This of course is what I've gleaned through people's conversations and what Brian's website seems to affirm. To anyone else: If I have got it messed up please step in and correct this info.
Old 3rd February 2010

Smile

Thanks for the info I was thinking that myself. I guess I will give Brian a call sometime and get the complete scoop. Anyway absolutely loving this car, its amazing! I really like it better than my 03 9-5 Aero. The suspension is firm and not as harsh at the 9-5 and of course the sportcombi has much more utility for the kids and pugs..lol
Old 3rd February 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero VTuner Stage 0

Can I go for a ride in it!? Maybe that's a bad idea since I'll need it for mine then. Good luck!
Old 4th February 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 Aero V-Tuned

Tom, once I get my coilpack fixed and can re-tune, let me know if you want to meet up and I can give you a taste of what a V-Tuned Aero is all about.
Old 4th February 2010

@IamTodd- Come on down to the Burgh this spring after I get my brakes done and some new tires and you can see how the Vtune works! You may want to start your savings account for it now, haha.
Old 4th February 2010

Thanks Malibu, I was thinking about that also and since we are close please let me know, I would love to take a ride in your car to see how it performs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement