Nordic Stage 3+ Now Available - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2007                                                
My Saabs: '02 9-5 Aero Wagon BCB St. 1
Default Nordic Stage 3+ Now Available

Just checked GenuineSaab for some parts and noticed the Stage 3+ for Nordic is now available. Going all the way up to Stage 5. Hot damn, I'm tempted right now.

Software upgrade for 9-3 210hp Arc, Aero 2003-2007

Stg1 250Hp and 273FtLbs Torque (Software)

Stg2 265Hp and 284FtLbs Torque (Software, Catback Exhaust)

Stg3 275Hp and 295FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat)

Stg4 290Hp and 310FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, 465cc Injectors, 16T Turbo, Intercooler)

StgX 325Hp and 325FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, 630cc Injectors, 18T Turbo, Intercooler)

Stg3 and above in hot climate recommend intercooler upgrade. Also 3+ require upgraded clutch / flywheel) ! Upgrade hardware is not included in software price.

Software upgrade for 9-3 175hp Linear 2003->

Stg1 210Hp and 243FtLbs Torque (Software)

Stg2 235Hp and 269FtLbs Torque (Software, Catback Exhaust)

Stg3 250Hp and 280FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, Aero Airbox)

Stg4 275Hp and 295FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, Aero Injectors, Aero Turbo, Aero Airbox)

StgX 325Hp and 325FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, 630cc Injectors, 18T Turbo, Aero Airbox, Intercooler)

Stg3 and above in hot climate recommend intercooler upgrade. Also 3+ require upgraded clutch / flywheel) ! Upgrade hardware is not included in software price.

Last edited by cjhutch; 19th January 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 9-3SS ARC

siiiick now i really cant wait till i get stg3
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2004 VTuned Aero

This is whats been tempting me....if I can find a cheap ecu to run awhile maybe I'll go for this. Are the numbers better then the new jzw tune tho?
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: wife's 04 9-3, my 9-3, fd3s in garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhutch View Post
Just checked GenuineSaab for some parts and noticed the Stage 3+ for Nordic is now available. Going all the way up to Stage 5. Hot damn, I'm tempted right now.

Software upgrade for 9-3 210hp Arc, Aero 2003-2007

Stg1 250Hp and 273FtLbs Torque (Software)

Stg2 265Hp and 284FtLbs Torque (Software, Catback Exhaust)

Stg3 275Hp and 295FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat)

Stg4 290Hp and 310FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, 465cc Injectors, 16T Turbo, Intercooler)

StgX 325Hp and 325FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, 630cc Injectors, 18T Turbo, Intercooler)

Software upgrade for 9-3 175hp Linear 2003->

Stg1 210Hp and 243FtLbs Torque (Software)

Stg2 235Hp and 269FtLbs Torque (Software, Catback Exhaust)

Stg3 250Hp and 280FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, Aero Airbox)

Stg4 275Hp and 295FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, Aero Injectors, Aero Turbo, Aero Airbox)

StgX 325Hp and 325FtLbs Torque (Software, Complete Exhaust incl. Sportcat, 630cc Injectors, 18T Turbo, Aero Airbox, Intercooler)

where'd you get this info? can't seem to find it on their website, prices?
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint.faustus View Post
siiiick now i really cant wait till i get stg3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gs04aero View Post
This is whats been tempting me....if I can find a cheap ecu to run awhile maybe I'll go for this. Are the numbers better then the new jzw tune tho?

A cheap ecu would be mp performance for only 499 and if you want stage 3 numbers for your car again mp performance i'm sure would be alot cheaper then stage 3 at nordic

Straight from mp's website on stage 1 "Saab owners looking to boost their performance with our Stage One 9-3ss tune of 232hp and 262 ft/lbs torque at the wheels or 266hp and 301 ft/lbs torque at the crank"
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_maine aero View Post
where'd you get this info? can't seem to find it on their website, prices?

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=642
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhutch View Post

Thanks, I'm assuming the 599 price is for stage 1, either I'm partial to MP or it just seems crazy to buy nordic unless your going to drop the money for stage 4 or 5
Old 19th January 2010
Super Moderator

Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
My Saabs: owns a volvo?

its $599 for any tune. So if you already have all the hardware it only costs you that to get your car tuned for 300hp
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-3gotboostAERO View Post
its $599 for any tune. So if you already have all the hardware it only costs you that to get your car tuned for 300hp

It's nice to see another alternative to MapTun finally came out giving us stage 5 with another company however I couldn't see spending that kind of money to get 45 more hp out of a car

So if you buy the original stage 1 tune from nordic then buy all the hardware its an additional 599 for the stage 5 tune?Sounds like some-what of a rip off, even maptun doesn't charge that much for an upgraded tune
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
It's nice to see another alternative to MapTun finally came out giving us stage 5 with another company however I couldn't see spending that kind of money to get 45 more hp out of a car

So if you buy the original stage 1 tune from nordic then buy all the hardware its an additional 599 for the stage 5 tune?Sounds like some-what of a rip off, even maptun doesn't charge that much for an upgraded tune
You'd still be spending the same money on another tune. If you buy stage 1 from anyone and then want to upgrade to stage 5 of something you'd still pay for the second tune....All in all it's a toss up between MapTun, Nordic, and JZW to me. They all seem to be pulling similar numbers at roughly the same price. At least MapTun and Nordic are close. 266hp for $499 or 265hp for $599. But MapTun needs downpipe and exhaust and everything for stage 3 thats 265hp right? Nordic only needs catback for 265hp.

Last edited by Gs04aero; 19th January 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 19th January 2010
Super Moderator

Quote:

I dont think one would buy a stage 1 tune, then go out and buy the all neccessary parts for a stage 5 within the same year... one would think.
I bought all the hardware before tuning so I'll be saving money
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Quote:
I dont think one would buy a stage 1 tune, then go out and buy the all neccessary parts for a stage 5 within the same year... one would think.
I bought all the hardware before tuning so I'll be saving money
I know what your saying, I meant if you already had the tune prior to this and then wanting to upgrade, you basically have to pay for it all over again.

And don't forget there are people out there that say they'll buy all the hardware and then the tune but some can't wait and want things immediately, hence the purchase of the tune, hardware, and then the upgraded tune.

All in all, it's nice to see another competitor to maptun just wish we could get more then 325 out of our cars
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Sorry for the stupid question here.... Looking at MapTun.com is confusing me haha. One section has tuning kits and single ECU's. Does the tuning kit come with everything listed or what? Seems like getting ecu, downpipe, catback, and turbo for $591 is ridiculous. What am I missing on this site?

:Edit: Yes there was....There was a 3 before the 591...$3591, not $591. But that means that the 265hp ECU is $1,097

Last edited by Gs04aero; 19th January 2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 19th January 2010

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 2.0T Automatic

I saw this earlier today and am 100% hooked. I was looking at jzw but he only has stage one now and he only has 7 more ft lbs of torque than the stage 1 tune from nordic but is 100 dollars cheeper. Either way I believe in the end, both JZW and Nordic are great tunes that will produce similar if not the same numbers for close to the same price.

Now does anyone know where to get 630cc injectors and a good inner cooler? I am interested in stage x
Old 19th January 2010
Super Moderator

ebay it up for a bigger intercooler. Do a search on what to do, our piping and routing for cooling is pretty good. But the stock intercooler is way to thin and sandwhiched
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
ebay it up for a bigger intercooler. Do a search on what to do, our piping and routing for cooling is pretty good. But the stock intercooler is way to thin and sandwhiched
What do you think the limits on a fmic are? I found one thats 26x12x3 thats $240. But you can find some on ebay like 31x11x3 for $65 ha. Or even 27x12x3 for $74... Question is, how big can we go width and height wise? I know it should be 3" because that fits nice and snug
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSaab View Post
I saw this earlier today and am 100% hooked. I was looking at jzw but he only has stage one now and he only has 7 more ft lbs of torque than the stage 1 tune from nordic but is 100 dollars cheeper. Either way I believe in the end, both JZW and Nordic are great tunes that will produce similar if not the same numbers for close to the same price.

Now does anyone know where to get 630cc injectors and a good inner cooler? I am interested in stage x
You can get the 630cc injectors from below. The intercooler is a toss up depending on how much you want to spend. Garrett makes some great cores, but you will need end tanks fabricated and they don't run cheap. Same thing applies to Greddy, Spearco, etc. As far as the eBay route I think the only brand I would buy from there would be the Godspeed intercooler. In addition getting a properly sized intercooler is important and bigger is not always better. The larger you go, the more you are prone to pressure drop and increased lag. For our cars and power levels available you don't need anything huge.

EDIT: Forgot to add links

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...=578&catid=174

Don't forget the harness.

https://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt...ts1.php?id=516
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

I was told something around 27x10x3...sound decent?
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Crazy

Someone here had a godspeed intercooler and said it was great, i believe it was wtfwill before he picked up an s4

Has anyone priced out all the hardware for stage 5 from nordic minus the tune? Obviously everyone's price will be different since there are numerous brands of exhaust, etc but I'm just curious as a ball park idea
Old 19th January 2010
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: '05 S4 // stg2 '03 93ss [sold]

both posters above me are correct

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2573793/1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement