Saab Dealerships already changing... - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 30th December 2009
SaabNut!

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero, 2010 Mazda3i Touring
Default Saab Dealerships already changing...

I figured I would post this here since this kind of upsets me.

So I had to drive down to Austin to get the 9-3 aligned and when I showed up at the dealership, I noticed that about 90% of their cars were gone. They had about 5 9-3's and a few used Saabs, along with some other used cars. I gave the car to the mechanic and went and spoke with some of the salesmen. They said that since the closing of Saab is still in the air, they went ahead and placed most of the cars in a warehouse and are trying to sell their used trade-ins. They had a Corvette, Jeep Wrangler, and 9-3 Aero in the showroom. I asked them about support for Saab if they closed, and they said they would continue servicing until October 2010. Is that what all of the dealers are doing?

I then asked whether they were closing the building down and they said no, that they would become a Maserati dealership (which is kind of cool). They said if Saab continues on with a new owner, they would be a Saab/Maserati dealer.

This really sucks. If Saab falls, I will have support till October and then I'm on my own. To be honest, I really don't use the dealer unless I can't do the work myself, but still. Having the option of taking it to a Saab specific dealer is convenient.

Also, while I was there, I went to the Audi dealership next door and checked out the new S4 and S5. I want one....not for $65k though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30th December 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 01 9-5 Wagon (RIP); 05 9-5 Aero (gone)

Our dealer has been gone since fall. Theoretically I can still get service at the 'Full Line GM Dealer' next door but I'm not holding my breath. Closest 'known good' service is about 7 hours away now (well, excluding me in my garage...).
Old 30th December 2009
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: MY03 Vector - Sold| 2011 Accord Coupe V6

My dealership in Indianapolis has changed to a VW/Subaru, but they kept the Saab staff and will continue service.
Old 30th December 2009

Join Date: Aug 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9.3 Arc Convertable
Default Saab Dealer

I noticed the same at My Saab Dealer the lot was empty except for used Saab. Fortanatly My dealer also does Audi and Porsch so I trust their service. The A-4 Convertable is sweet. If Saab goes away that will be my next car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement