Aero steering question - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 7th December 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 Aero Vtune stage 0 rev 2
Default Aero steering question

My family has both a 2007 2.0T and a Aero of the same year. i was wondering for those people who have driven both, can you tell me the difference between the steering? i feel that the Aero has a more loose feeling and doesnt respond as well. both cars are on oem tires (p6 for 2.0T and conti for aero) i'm just curious if this is normal, or is there something off with the steering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th December 2009
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: '09 9-3 SS Aero XWD

Could be due to different tire sizes on each model which I think in 07' were still different.

The power steering system itself might be different as well since the engines are different and the front end weight is different.
Carbon Gray, Black Premium Leather, VTuned, 30% tint.
Old 8th December 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2008                                                
My Saabs: Until 7/2010 9-3AERO SS,2.0T(previous)
Cool

I had both myself, 2007 2.0T with premium pkg w/17" wheels, and the big wheels and tires(same 235/45/17 ContiProContacts as the Aero), and my 2008 Aero.

Did not notice anything like you describe, may want to check tire pressure, makes a big difference.

One thing I do know is that they both handled much better once I 86ed the crappy OE rubber for UHP summer tires.
Your Texas Realtor since1995.Sorry, I crossed to the Bavarian dark sideMY FACEBOOK PAGE WITH/SAAB TURBO LIFE GALLERY. JET BLACK/TAN DAKOTA '11 335i N55 Twin Power/ZFSteptronic/SPORT/PREMIUM/NAVIGATION/DINAN 355HP/401LBFT, Previous: E92 328i 6MT SPORT/PREMIUM, '08 9-3Aero SS, '07 9-3 2.0T Premium,'06 COBB STAGE III WRX - GEARBOX KEPT BREAKING,etc.
Old 8th December 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 Aero Vtune stage 0 rev 2

i think what i meant to say was that the 2.0T feels tighter than the Aero... i thought it would be the other way around.
Old 8th December 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2008                                                
My Saabs: Until 7/2010 9-3AERO SS,2.0T(previous)
Cool

I just recently had a 2.0T loaner car, couldn't wait for the oil change to be finished as I have several appointments. Man was I glad to get my Aero back, 2.0T was very much more sensitive to torque steer, due to the crappy 215mm tires, and had no torque, or high end power, compared to my Aero anyway. I guess I'm just used to my Aero now. My 2.0T had the big wheel and tire pkg, so it felt very similar to the Aero, just a bit less buttoned down, especially at over 100MPH.
Your Texas Realtor since1995.Sorry, I crossed to the Bavarian dark sideMY FACEBOOK PAGE WITH/SAAB TURBO LIFE GALLERY. JET BLACK/TAN DAKOTA '11 335i N55 Twin Power/ZFSteptronic/SPORT/PREMIUM/NAVIGATION/DINAN 355HP/401LBFT, Previous: E92 328i 6MT SPORT/PREMIUM, '08 9-3Aero SS, '07 9-3 2.0T Premium,'06 COBB STAGE III WRX - GEARBOX KEPT BREAKING,etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement