Possible purchase? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6th December 2009

Join Date: Dec 2009                                                
My Saabs: none yet
Default Possible purchase?

High all. I am a bit of a convertible enthusiast, currently owning 3 Nissan 240sx. They are all 1993 and rear wheel drive. I am looking to upgrade to a little larger, better riding, front wheel drive convertible. The Saab has caught my interest many times in the past, but this is the first time I have actually considered getting one.

I am no stranger to tools or making repairs on my own. I have had to really stay on top of my 240sx, as all 3 are daily drivers for myself, wife, and son. I have even converted one over from an automatic to a 5 speed. My question to you guys is, what are the common problems with a Saab that I should look for in going over one before purchase?

Here is the add from Craigslist that got my interest. They are asking $3500.00 for it. Comments???

Quote:
Title: 1999 Saab 9.3 Convertible
Mileage: a bit under 143,000

Vehicle Information
VIN: YS3DD78N6X7058607
Inspection: Inspected
Warranty: No
Vehicle title: Clear

Condition: Used

Features
Body type: Convertible Engine: 4 Cylinder Exterior color: Sage Green
Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: Tan Leather

Options
Leather seats, CD player, Convertible

Safety features
Anti-lock brakes, Driver airbag, Passenger airbag

Power options
Air conditioning, Cruise control, Power locks
Power windows, Power seats, Heated Seats

99 Saab 9.3 turbo convertible and boy what a nice one this is. Not perfect, just as pretty and good running a car as you could ask for. The motor is quiet and dry, the turbo kicks in like itís supposed to and the automatic shifts like a dream. The air is ice cold and the convertible top works seamlessly. The body is simply gorgeous with nothing more than the small spot of clear coat just starting to flake on the left rear quarter. The convertible top is like new and the headliner is the same. The interior is just about like new with the exception of the small wear hole by the drivers left foot on the carpet but aside from that the dash, brightwork, seats, carpets and trunk are beautiful and the car typical of a non smokers car is not smelly or burned anywhere.

I actually just bought this car not even two months ago, and have had a blast driving it. BUT, with a large teen-age boy, and a granddaughter with a car seat, it is not very practicle. Therefore, I have decided to part with it, and get another SUV. It is a fabulous car, a blast to drive, especially with the top down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car and books 003 - Copy1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	15387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car 0691.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	15388  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6th December 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2003                                                
My Saabs: Formerly, 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Bill,

The car you are looking at is what we refer to as a "NG900" and is discussed in this other section. I suggest you post over there and get comments from other owners of this generation of Saab.
Old 6th December 2009

Join Date: Dec 2009                                                
My Saabs: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl View Post
Bill,

The car you are looking at is what we refer to as a "NG900" and is discussed in this other section. I suggest you post over there and get comments from other owners of this generation of Saab.
Thank you, and I am sorry I posted in wrong area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement