SaabCentral Forums banner

99 saab 9-3 mbc help

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  saab93t99 
#1 ·
Ok so i put a turbo xs mbc on my 99 9-3 and i cannot get it to turn the boost up, i know how to use the controller and ran new vacuum lines and it just wont increase pressure, when i first bought the car it was running 10psi in 3rd-5th and once i hooked the mbc up i cant get it past 5psi? I have tried a diffrent mbc as well, is there maybe a wastegate problem?

#2 ·
Disconnect the wastegate hose from the BPC, if it still doesnt hit fuel cut, then you know there is a problem with the wastegate. if this proves fine, then you know you didnt hook up the MBC properly. 5psi is base boost, which means the wategate is not being controlled by an outside source-only the spring within it.
-Cm

#8 ·
i took is back to stock and stil no change, i know the mbc is good and hook up corrctly i had it set to 10psi on my civic. The saab was boosting 8psi 1-3rd and then 11psi 4-5th gear when i first got it. I do not know what is going on with it. I ran new vaccum line to the wastegate and still nothing its only boosting 4-6psi depending on temp.

#9 ·
Something is way wrong with car, if it was base boost then you would hit that value (6) and be able to sustain it all day for the most part. Do you have any cel's? Do you hear any escaping air, and how is the dump valve?
Did you follow cm452's advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.