Bad Missing!?!? :( - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4th October 2009
snowmobiler624 snowmobiler624 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
Location: Colorado
My Saabs: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero
Posts: 61
Default Bad Missing!?!? :(

Hey guys so a couple days ago I started getting a miss and its got progressively worse. So I have been doing what I can starting out cheap. So far I've done a full fuel injector cleaner and new spark plugs without any results. This leaves a completely bad fuel injector or a bad coil/ Direct Ignition Cassette right? If I smell the exhaust I can smell the unburnt fuel so I'm thinking its not the injector and that it has to be the coil. Is there any way to just replace 1 coil? I'm a broke high schooler and I'm trying to stay as cheap as possible. So does anyone know where I could get a Direct Ignition Cassette for relatively cheap cause I don't really have $400 to drop on one unless I really have to. So any advice on repairing the one I have or testing or where to one cheap would be VERY much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
-Evan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 4th October 2009
Jeff325's Avatar
Jeff325 Jeff325 is offline
Saab Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
My Saabs: 92 9000 Turbo; 02 9-5 Linear
Posts: 550
Default

If you have a bad miss at idle or under load it's more than likely your spark plugs and or the DI Cassette.

You need to get the proper BCPR7ES NGK spark plugs the owner's manual calls for and gap them to .9 mm.

You can't repair the individual coils in the DI cassette,

You can find a good used Red DI cassette, instead of buying a brand new one. If you are in the Denver, Colorado area try Mile Hi Saab or East of Sweden to see if they have any used ones. All of the junkyards around here are pretty dry for 9000's and no DI cassettes out there in the 9000's which are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 4th October 2009
snowmobiler624 snowmobiler624 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
Location: Colorado
My Saabs: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff325 View Post
If you have a bad miss at idle or under load it's more than likely your spark plugs and or the DI Cassette.

You need to get the proper BCPR7ES NGK spark plugs the owner's manual calls for and gap them to .9 mm.

You can't repair the individual coils in the DI cassette,

You can find a good used Red DI cassette, instead of buying a brand new one. If you are in the Denver, Colorado area try Mile Hi Saab or East of Sweden to see if they have any used ones. All of the junkyards around here are pretty dry for 9000's and no DI cassettes out there in the 9000's which are there.
Ok I just got some E3 spark plugs the guy at Checker said they should work good for my car. Is that wrong? and I'll check those places and see if they have some used ones. Thanks and well I'm talking to someone in Colorado do you by chance have T5 Suits and no how to use it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 4th October 2009
Jeff325's Avatar
Jeff325 Jeff325 is offline
Saab Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
My Saabs: 92 9000 Turbo; 02 9-5 Linear
Posts: 550
Default

The guy at Checker is wrong and doesn't know about Saab's with the DI cassette! Never use anything but the specified NGK BCPR7ES plugs for the car. You can and will cause early DI death by using the wrong plugs.

Both Mile Hi or East of Sweden should have the correct NGK plugs too.

Nope, don't have the T5 suite here....my ,92 9000 has the DI/LH system. Not running Trionic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 4th October 2009
snowmobiler624 snowmobiler624 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
Location: Colorado
My Saabs: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff325 View Post
The guy at Checker is wrong and doesn't know about Saab's with the DI cassette! Never use anything but the specified NGK BCPR7ES plugs for the car. You can and will cause early DI death by using the wrong plugs.

Both Mile Hi or East of Sweden should have the correct NGK plugs too.

Nope, don't have the T5 suite here....my ,92 9000 has the DI/LH system. Not running Trionic.
Hmm really? even on the E3 website it says they will work for saab 9000? I have to drive the car to school and stuff so I'm going to have to run on these plugs for a couple days... and alright thats fine just curious lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 4th October 2009
justin.graeff justin.graeff is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: May 2007                                                
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero
Posts: 1,176
Default

Always use the NGK. The sites may say you can use different brands, but saabs designed their engines around the NGKs to perform best. Get the plugs the manual states and gap them to .9mm and see how it runs. If you need a DI cassette, I have an extra that I can sell you.
__________________
AIM: hyperspaztik49
Skype: Justin.Graeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 4th October 2009
snowmobiler624 snowmobiler624 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
Location: Colorado
My Saabs: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.graeff View Post
Always use the NGK. The sites may say you can use different brands, but saabs designed their engines around the NGKs to perform best. Get the plugs the manual states and gap them to .9mm and see how it runs. If you need a DI cassette, I have an extra that I can sell you.
Ok I'll pick up some NGK when I can. And how much do you want for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12th October 2009
snowmobiler624 snowmobiler624 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
Location: Colorado
My Saabs: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero
Posts: 61
Default

I ran down to East of Sweden today and got a new DI Cassette and four NGK BCPR7ES like u all recommended and the missing is gone and its running like its happy old self now my mom can have her car back lol. So thanks for all the advice guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.