9000 trip computer - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 20th September 2009
Saabista

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Vector 2.2Tid
Default 9000 trip computer

Is it possible to do a straight swap from the EDU trip computer to the SCC version or is it more complicated than just swapping over the connections?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st September 2009

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Is it possible to do a straight swap from the EDU trip computer to the SCC version or is it more complicated than just swapping over the connections?
What do you mean the EDU trip computer ? Do you mean from the analog clock to the SCC digital clock/computer ? It's fine if the connector is the same, I forget now but I believe the analog clock had two versions with the changeover around 1992.

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Old 21st September 2009
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
My Saabs: 92 9000 Turbo; 02 9-5 Linear

The DCC/SCC digital clock is the one that changed. The analog one is the same for all. The DCC was used up to 1991 model year. Then with the 1992 model year SCC was used.
Old 22nd September 2009

Join Date: Jun 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1991 9000 turbo
Default Bad trip computer?

since you guys or on the subject, my trip computer reads error. i have a 91 9000 turbo. do i need a new relay? or a new computer? im new to saabs.
Old 22nd September 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero

There are three different versions for our Saabs. The very early one, one for the 1990-1993 or something like that, and then one for every year beyond that. For my year, all I had to do was find the cable that was buried in my dash. I spend hours trying to find it, but I found it easily when I took the dash top off and looked through the windshield.

If you look through threads I started here and on Saab Central, you can find both of mine concerning the SCC and what one you will need.
Old 22nd September 2009

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff325 View Post
The DCC/SCC digital clock is the one that changed. The analog one is the same for all. The DCC was used up to 1991 model year. Then with the 1992 model year SCC was used.
What's DCC ? Digital Car Computer ? How was it different than the SCC ?

Old 22nd September 2009
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
My Saabs: 92 9000 Turbo; 02 9-5 Linear

DCC is the earlier version of the trip computer that was in 9000's up to model year 1991. The digital clocks for the DCC aren't that common, as I rarely ever see or find them on salvaged cars here in the US.

The starting with model year 1992 the 9000's went to the SCC. The earlier version of the SCC ran from model years 1992 to 1994. The digital clock on this version has 2 connectors on the back of it. The digital clock and EDU 3A or 3M display units from 1992-1994 will work within this year range.

Then with model year 1995 the SCC system was revised. digital clock went to one single connector on the back. There are differences in the 1995, 1996-1997, and 1998 model years. The digital clock or EDU 3A or 3M display units from 1992-1994 won't work but 1995-1998 will.
Old 23rd September 2009

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff325 View Post
DCC is the earlier version of the trip computer that was in 9000's up to model year 1991. The digital clocks for the DCC aren't that common, as I rarely ever see or find them on salvaged cars here in the US.

The starting with model year 1992 the 9000's went to the SCC. The earlier version of the SCC ran from model years 1992 to 1994. The digital clock on this version has 2 connectors on the back of it. The digital clock and EDU 3A or 3M display units from 1992-1994 will work within this year range.

Then with model year 1995 the SCC system was revised. digital clock went to one single connector on the back. There are differences in the 1995, 1996-1997, and 1998 model years. The digital clock or EDU 3A or 3M display units from 1992-1994 won't work but 1995-1998 will.
Although I swapped out my SCC for a regular analog clock (looks cleaner), this is what I had before (not my own car but same MY), presumably it's the SCC then ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement