Snow41Man Tuning problem- aka Daniel Gilson - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9-5

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 18th August 2009

Join Date: Jul 2009                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 Vert and Viggen
Default Snow41Man Tuning problem- aka Daniel Gilson

An individual "tuning" T5 and T7 in Boston, MA. It all started when i went on craigslist looking for parts for my recently purchased 1999 saab 9-3 base vert. I see his ad so i reply. At first he was a nice guy, he sent me the ecu without any payment let me try it for a week. Everything was smooth. He said i can purchase it with an core for 300 or just the tune for 250. I went ahead and went with the extra core for back up. Also he mentioned to me and retunes are free just pay for shipping. As i upgraded hardware i decided to step to stage 2 which he did. Then i got a DP and i was ready for the stage 3. I sent him the ecu and guess what? he gets my ecu and i call him and he says he is busy he'll get to it on monday then it was the monday after i wait a week and still no ecu. then i call and his laptop is "busted" so he is sending it to IBM and they are fixing it. So another week goes by. He said he got it back and it busted again and so he sent it out again. At this point im frustrated i give him another week. I call, email, and text him and all i get in text is, "this is Daniel Gilsons answering service, he is on a business trip in Canada". So im like this guy does not have an answering service. So i wanted to play his game, I have an Iphone and it has a app call "S****" which allows you to voice change and change your phone number. I changed it to a number of the Boston area code. I call and guess what? Daniel Answers....At this point he doesnt contact me so i decided to go to american express and stop the transaction and have them get my money back. So it turned he sent me my stock ecu and shipping money after Amex got on his *****. So now i was left with a stage 2 and stock ecu. I decided to put the stock ecu in a few days ago bc my younger brother is getting the car as his first and it was a lil too much horses. Guess what? the ecu doesn't work it cranks and cranks but no turnover. Now im going back to Amex having them reopen the case.

Now when everything was smooth, in the beginning, i told my friend who owns a 2001 saab 9-3 with the Stage 4 set up to go with this cheaper tuner. He does and he charges him 300 for tune and 50 for core since its T7. My friend gets the tune and .....it doesnt work, then my friend says to him it doesn't so Daniel says send it back i'll take a look at it, my friend does so and he doesn't live at the address anymore so my friend receives the ecu back. Then my friend calls Daniel and he says i never got it, not informing my friend that he has moved to a new location.

Now my friend and I are both out some money and i am stuck with a stage 2 and a nonfunction ECU( Daniel must have done in revenge) and my friend is stuck with a spare ECU that he paid 350 for and there is no tune on it. This is my experience with Daniel Gilson. So beware.

Also goes by Snow41man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18th August 2009
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKM93 View Post
Guess what? the ecu doesn't work it cranks and cranks but no turnover.
Sounds like the ECU just needs to be married to the car via tech 2 for the immobilisor to work............
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 18th August 2009

My friends car runs with the ECU there is no tune on it.
Old 18th August 2009
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKM93 View Post
My friends car runs with the ECU there is no tune on it.
You cant just swap an ECU from one car to another - It wont work because of the immobilisor.......
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 18th August 2009

It is married, he got it done. There is no tune on the ECU he sent down. Like identical to stock except he gets worse gas mileage with the "tuned ecu" but no other difference in power.

i know you can't just switch ecu's for T7.
Old 18th August 2009
Saab Sage!

Ok I am confused, I thought the question was to do with it just cranking and not starting........

The original post was so long maybe I missed the actual question - or should I read it in the other forums you have copied it too?

Whats the question please?
Old 18th August 2009

LOL there is no questions im just letting others no not to get a tune from Snow41man or Daniel Gilson same person. That is the problems my friend and I have had. If you re-read the post i think you'll understand it.
Old 18th August 2009
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
My Saabs: '02 9-5 Aero, '08 TurboX, '08 9-5 Aero
Garage

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 18th August 2009

No problemo. Its sucks to have to deal with this.
Old 18th August 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
My Saabs: 07 9-3 Aero V6

I know him very well actually he was the one that gave me my stage 3, which I absolutely hate btw.
Old 18th August 2009

Wow can you still contact him? If you read the post i put on saablink it has much more opinons on this guy which are (-) by the way. He was cool at first, what is your relationship with him?
Old 19th August 2009
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2.0t -> Arc (2004) 220/Estate (2007) 210

Is this guy actually doing the tuning himself or just taking .bin files from here and there to flash them?

I think again this is maybe a case of people checking out on the forum to see if tuners know what they are doing.

Mine are both great; Hirsch and Abbott but they have past history. I think that if I remember correctly John Williams from here and Mackan from ECU project are the only ones that I have heard good things of who do DIY.

I would have got a DIY job from them but I could not be bothered messing with flashing and cables which would have cost about 100 anyway but it is often better to do DIY now the ECU project has got things sorted.

56 2.0t 210 BHP Vector Sport Est Hirsch Stg 1
Old 19th August 2009

not sure but here and there maybe? who knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement