Odd APC? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Performance, Mods & Tuning

9000 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9000

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th September 2003
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                
My Saabs: 9000 Aero
Default Odd APC?

I bought an APC from Ebay with the intention of modding it according to the various bits of info around. This evening I got round to changing resistors only to find that when I tried to fit this APC to my 1992 9000 CDS lpt that the connector on the APC(?) that I was removing was too long.

In the Saab EPC it seems that this unit that I have on my car isn't the APC but ETS? (What's an ETS, there's no traction control on my car).

I opened up this part to find that there are no F, P or K pots or any other obviously tweakable bits whatsoever.

I thought that maybe my APC is under the passenger seat but that space is vacant.

So, my question is, what do I have and when did it all change? Are ECU upgrades the only option now? Is this what I have?

Thanks

David.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th September 2003
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: 1993 Sleeper

If my memory serves me correctly the 1992 9000 with turbo has and ECU only… located under the drivers seat.
This ECU is a DI/APC ECU and there is no APC unit like on the earlier LH2.2 & LH2.4s.
Not much you can do to these units other then replacing the fuel chip and or the PROM chip both located in the same unit
Old 8th September 2003
Saab Lunatic

My Saabs: 9000 Aero

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'd figured. I just wanted to bring the up the power a bit if I could.

Just as well my other car is a 9000 Aero.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement