I need help on finding consumer protect service - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 21st February 2009
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-3
Default I need help on finding consumer protect service

Hello,

I need to report on this market I and my wife used to go.
Tonight I went there for grocery shopping, and I found that they are selling frozen chicken that the expiration date was November 2006.
We have found this kind of product several times, and this market never had problems. This is really messed up.
I gotta report this.

Where and how can I report this place?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st February 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-5 Sedan, 2006 Sportcombi

look online in your area for the Health Departments phone number.
Old 21st February 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: '04 9-5 Aero Wagon 5-spd

Are you certain that it was '06? Having had far too many years of experience in the retail grocery environment through college, I find that incredibly hard to believe. For us to have had something in our backroom (of the dairy) for more than a month was not possible. It just didn't happen, given the amount of product that we moved. There are a lot of health and safety standards that have to be followed in that environment, one of which is a very thorough cleaning of any area that will have meat in it at least once a month. To do this requires that most all of the products be moved out of the cooler/freezer. Given this, there's no way a store could have chicken that expired 3 yrs ago and not notice it. My bet is that the manufacturer printed the date wrong, which is something I saw happen surprisingly frequently.

Even still, it should be at least looked in to by the health board.
Old 21st February 2009
Saab Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT5
Are you certain that it was '06? Having had far too many years of experience in the retail grocery environment through college, I find that incredibly hard to believe. For us to have had something in our backroom (of the dairy) for more than a month was not possible. It just didn't happen, given the amount of product that we moved. There are a lot of health and safety standards that have to be followed in that environment, one of which is a very thorough cleaning of any area that will have meat in it at least once a month. To do this requires that most all of the products be moved out of the cooler/freezer. Given this, there's no way a store could have chicken that expired 3 yrs ago and not notice it. My bet is that the manufacturer printed the date wrong, which is something I saw happen surprisingly frequently.

Even still, it should be at least looked in to by the health board.
Yes, I am sure.
Well, because you are working at an American market.
This is a Korean market, owned by Korean. The owner should shoot himself.

I don't know how they got those expired food, but they have even food that has no expiration date. I can't believe that this kind of store is open and packed with people in the united states. Most of customers are Chinese and Korean. This the only Korean store around this area, and I think that is why Korean people go there to buy stuff, but.....this is so wrong, and the store gotta closed down.

Last edited by gorillajin; 21st February 2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 21st February 2009
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: '09 Forester XT

take pictures with ur camera, and send to the dept of health and human services.

I made a call to the dept of hhs because there were a lot of people smoking in front of my old apartment complex, i never followed up with them, but a month later, they had new "no smoking signs".
Old 21st February 2009
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: May 2003                                                
My Saabs: Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

Well in the UK I'd suggest you either use the phone book to look up Food Standards at your local council, or Google it. Here's mine - not that that's going to help you much.
Old 21st February 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 2.0T Past: 2001 9-3

Food and drug administration. Agricultural inspector will help you out. Keep the product, receipt and bag from the store. Could have been a typo or entered the date in wrong. They will be able to verify if it was packaged by a large distributor. May not be able to if it was a small local market.
Old 21st February 2009
Saab Crazy

Thank you for the inputs.

I did not buy the product so I do not have it with me. I was just going to call a food health department and tell them to go check the store.
Hum...I guess I should go back to the store and take some pictures....
But even I do not have the expired food, they have full of expired or no expiration date food.
They will get busted if FDA person shows up.

I am going to call FDA today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement