Invisible White 9000! - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > Saab 9000 Workshop
Saab 9000 Workshop Saab 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12th March 2002

Join Date: Jan 2002                                                

I'm sure someone said recently on one of the Bulletin Boards that white cars were less likely to be involved in an accident.

Not so mine today.

On the way in to work, a gentleman in his Vauxhall Astra (with child in the rear - unstrapped of course) pulled out of a side street into my path - much smoke and screeching later, I stopped without hitting anything, and he kindly drove off without saying sorry.

On the way home, some bearded older (I qualify for a safe driver discount type) gentleman in a new shape Vovlo Estate (big one) passed me on the left on a dual carriagway. I was in traffic so couldn't go any faster. With a gap big enough for possibly a Vlovloid and a half, the said gentleman then immediately pulled in front of me (bless him he was indicating). No hesitation - passed on the left, then straight in front of me. It was one of those when you just can't believe that someone has just done that. Flashed him a few times to let him know I was there, but he was far too engrossed in conversation with his passengers to notice. When I eventually passed the vlovov, he had obviously not been aware of the incident at all. He was still indicating right after about half a mile back in the correct (left) lane. I Must have been in his blind spot. Those cars must have big blind spots if he couldn't see a big Saab out of his drivers window as he undertook me! Or maybe my car is invisible!

Yes, that's it. Even though I had my sidelights on, on both occasions when the majority of cars had no lights on at all, no-one can see me! There can be no other explanation.

Finally, some chap in his 2.8 Granada objected to me leaving him for dead at some traffic lights, and insisted on passing me in a bus lane, before cutting me up to pull back into the right lane.

I should leave the Saab at home. Maybe not - anyone got some Bull Bars? Or a snow plough? Bonnet Mounted Uzi 9mm's? :wink:

One good thing came out of it - I managed to keep calm in all three incidents - no road rage - just disbelief.

Enjoyed my drive today despite this!

Kevin Mc
Intact 1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th March 2002

No incidents on the way into work this morning - maybe the fact that I wasn't driving the Carlsson had something to do with it!
Old 14th March 2002

looks kinda lonely in here. . . . My 900 is white, I didn't know it was such a safe color! I get cut off in my bimmer much more often that the saab, though people do pull infront of me often (assuming I'm driving slower, I suppose).

cheers!
Old 14th March 2002

I have been lurking on a lot of boards recently including a board for BMW M3 owners.

They seem like thoroughly nice chaps (which wasn't my opinion previously), and at least one of them has sold his car because he's bored of being abused because he's driving a Beemer! Other's just say they never get let out at junctions / shown no courtesy's.

This has thrown a new perspective on it for me - I'm now waiting for a Beemer to let out of a junction!

Old 18th March 2002

that's the spirit! Yes, beemer drivers do get more abuse it seems. AND bemer parkers. I've had so many dings and scratches on the BMW when parking it at work, since I've been driving the Saab, none!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement