P-1312, P-1334 Codes - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 26th January 2009

Join Date: Jun 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2000 SAAB 9-5
Question P-1312, P-1334 Codes

My 2000 9-5 displays the engine fault light intermittently. It will be on for a few days then off. There seems to be no pattern. Auto Zone got the codes for me ( I do plan to pick up my own OBD reader) and they are P-1312 and P-1334. I know that the DI cassette will trigger one of those. The engine runs fine with no apparent hesitation or missing. Was wondering if you smart SAAB guys would recommend trying to fix this problem ( I think with a new DI cassette) or let it go for now. BTW, this is not a new problem for my car. It has been on-going for about a year. 114,00 miles and I'm the only owner. Thanks in advance for your help.

Urban in South Carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26th January 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2008                                                
My Saabs: 99 9-5 TD04 270hk::2000 Viggen 5-Door

Ya I think you pretty much nailed it assuming the harness is in good shape.
The Trionic is detecting a short open circuit on bank 1or2 and the second code is for cyl 3&4 the reason it goes off is that if it does not detect it for 3 consecutive cycles it will shut the CEL off but as soon as it shows its self again it will trip. I would bet the DI is on its way out.

plugs can cause this code too but typically it is the DI if your using the correct plugs and they are not 20 years old lol.
Old 27th January 2009

Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-5 Linear

I had the same thing with a P1334 code. The CEL would come and go, and yet the car ran fine without any apparent problems. Putting in new plugs didn't help. Because my wife got nervous with this lite staring her in the face, I decided to take it one step further. I took the car to the dealership (ouch) and had a tech II diagnosis done on the ignition cassette. Turns out there was a problem connected with the ionization that is used as a parameter with the knock sensor. I ended up buying a new cassette (this was a really big ouch) and no more CEL lite.

Hope this helps.

DWG
Old 27th January 2009

Join Date: Jun 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2000 SAAB 9-5
Default Thanks

Thanks guys. That's what I thought. The plugs are almost new and are the recommended NGKs. So I guess I should start looking for a new DI cassette. Any suggestions on where to get one besides a SAAB dealer? Any tricks to replacing it? It looks fairly straight forward to me.

UED
Old 27th January 2009

Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-5 Linear

If you can, order one thru an independent shop. I saved close to $200 from what I would have paid for at the dealership. This was for a new OEM unit with the GM sticker on it. Or do a google search for it for a auto parts supplier in your area.
Replacing the cassette is quite easy. Locate the harness on the right side of the cassette as you are looking at it from the front of the car. You will notice a red clip that has to be pushed out. As you do so the harness will detach. There are four torx bolts holding the cassette on. Unscrew these and lift the old unit up vertically. Drop the new unit in, tighten it down with the four bolts and reattach the harness.
One last thing before you fire up the car. I believe that another thread mentioned that you should give yourself a few minutes to make sure that the oil in the unit has drained down to where it is supposed to be. That's it.
Have a good day,
DWG
Old 27th January 2009
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2008                                                
My Saabs: Saab 95 Aero M00

The rule of thumbs applies globally, never buys parts from dealers. lol.

Shop around, if u still have time, there are sometimes good offers out there.
Old 26th September 2009

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-5
Default P-1312, P-1334 Codes

I have the exact same problem.... I just got back from Autozone and found this message. Can anyone tell me what and where this casette is and how much I can expect to pay for a new one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement