Farewell and thanks - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 17th December 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2007                                                
My Saabs: '96 900SET
Default Farewell and thanks

Alas, the time to part with my Saab has arrived. I've transitioned to college and no longer need a car (for now) so I decided to sell my second Saab and thank all you guys for this awesome resource here. I honestly don't think I would have kept this car for longer than a month if it weren't for these forums and all the info on them, but here I am a couple years later. Anyways, here are a few photos of the car--when I picked it up it wasn't in the greatest shape, but with some help from here I think I managed to take care of it alright.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17th December 2008

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1

Go forth and study hard. Drop in from time to time - you will be in the market for another some day. Success be with you.
Old 17th December 2008
Banned

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2011 Saab 9-4X 3.0i

It looks like you had a great car there. I can't imagine being without a car, regardless if I need it or not. But you'll be able to spend your money on lots of other things going to college. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 17th December 2008
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2009 Volvo S80 T6 AWD

I'm impressed you had a car - a Saab none the less - before college

I got my first car my the summer between my Junior and Senior years in college so that I could commute to my summer internship. When I did, I got a cheap ford product. Wasn't until i was out of college for a year I got my first Saab

Too bad you are leaving. Please do drop in from time to time. The lounge still amuses you, even without a car, right?

I miss all my Saabs
Old 17th December 2008
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: None now
Garage

Goodbye and good luck!

This is kind of off-topic but I suggest that you look at study abroad programs through your University. I was lucky enough to go to London for a semester and it was the most amazing time of my life.
Old 17th December 2008
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2001 9-5 Aero

Take care brother

travel well
Old 17th December 2008

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

All the best, KSpark. May you come back to SC (and to Saabs) in your near future.

What school are you going to ? Intended area(s) of study ?

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Old 17th December 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: '00 9-3SE Auto, SOLD '97 900 HX35 4??bhp
Garage

Oh man, I could never get rid of mine!
Part of the reason why I went out of state for college was so I could tell my parents I need a car. So here she sits .

But now that more major fun upgrades are happening, my dad is telling me to keep the car at this shop while I'm at school so I don't tear it up. Psh..

Good luck in college, it's definitely a fun experience.

-Branden
Old 18th December 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2007                                                
My Saabs: '96 900SET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlach
I'm impressed you had a car - a Saab none the less - before college

I got my first car my the summer between my Junior and Senior years in college so that I could commute to my summer internship. When I did, I got a cheap ford product. Wasn't until i was out of college for a year I got my first Saab

Too bad you are leaving. Please do drop in from time to time. The lounge still amuses you, even without a car, right?
This was my 4th or 5th car...I've lost count. My first was an old Mazda I got for free from a family friend, which I fixed up and sold for a bunch more. Bought something a bit nicer, then fixed that up...and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbowski1980
Goodbye and good luck!

This is kind of off-topic but I suggest that you look at study abroad programs through your University. I was lucky enough to go to London for a semester and it was the most amazing time of my life.
Yup, I've already decided to do this, probably next year. I'm Polish so I'll probably go there, but I'd love to go to a few other places as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabKen
All the best, KSpark. May you come back to SC (and to Saabs) in your near future.

What school are you going to ? Intended area(s) of study ?
I'm going to the University of Washington, probably for a business degree of some kind......no real direction yet.

As for doing without a car...it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. During the summer I didn't drive the Saab much because I have a motorcycle as well, but now temps are below freezing. I do see a couple cheap Saabs on craigslist that just need a little fixing up....................I may be back here a lot sooner than I thought.
Old 18th December 2008

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpark
I'm going to the University of Washington, probably for a business degree of some kind......no real direction yet.

As for doing without a car...it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. During the summer I didn't drive the Saab much because I have a motorcycle as well, but now temps are below freezing. I do see a couple cheap Saabs on craigslist that just need a little fixing up....................I may be back here a lot sooner than I thought.
Go Huskies !

If you mean the Seattle main campus, it's not too bad without a car. Most amenities are within a few blocks north of campus along Univ. Ave in the village. When my wife was doing her graduate studies there she was w/o a car and she got around okay. As student you'll also get U-PASS which gets you unlimited access to KC Metro and adjacent transit services 24/7.

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Old 21st December 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Feb 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1996 9000 Aero manual

Couldn´t bring myself to sell my 9000 when I went away to uni, so I just bankrupted myself instead. I´m now second year at uni, been driving just over 2 years and I´m on my 3rd 9000 lol. Finally got the one I wanted though (and none of the previous ones were crashed, just sold!). Anyway good luck with college, enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement