Great a few problems (Throttle position sensor code P2135) - Page 3 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 24th October 2009
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 03' 93 Vector - Silver (WOW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAB_Stories View Post
Funny thing you mentioned that this all happened after a car wash. We just had heavy rain this past week to the point that the streets were flooding and my 2004 9-3 was at one point in water that was as high as the sidewalk.

Sadly, my check engine light came on this week and when I hooked up my reader I got the following codes:

P2122
P2138

I think its somewhat related to your P2135 code because it behaves very similar to what you described.

So this may be a sign that these pedal voltage related codes are caused by water exposure.

If water truly IS the cause, then I think we could rule out the possibility that this is caused by a faulty wire harness or any other physical damage / splicing in the wires themselves - i.e. no need to be wiggling wires or taking off the wire harness / protective wrap. Also - the water in this case would have most likely come from below so it may be the case that the damaged section of the circuitry is that which is located in an exposed section of the car's underbody down near the street - i.e. not located in any part that is up above by the engine where it is safely covered from water by the hood.

Of course, this is just my own analysis and I could be jumping to conclusions, but I'm just trying to contribute with my own evidence and logic as much as possible.

Been a few months since any of your posts. Any new discoveries? I look forward to joining in the efforts so that we can all find out the proper solution.

Is there anything that has not yet been attempted to solve these issues? I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and try working on this but don't want to repeat the same things others have done to no avail.

Please lets keep this discussion going!

Here are my symptoms: Check engine light turns on and car was drives slow, not responsive when pedal pressed down (Limp Home Mode). Check engine light turns off on its own overnight and drives fine next day at first but then check engine light turns back on and pedal becomes unresponsive again (back into Limp Home Mode).

Hey I would trace the connectors from the pedal through all the way to the other end. I am talking about disconnecting checking for corrosion and cleaning. Look in the WIS (about 5 connectors). I did it to my car and the error code has not come back for a couple of months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th November 2009

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: 05 9-3t linear
Default Same problem

I have the same P2135 problem. On Wednesday of this week I got a new pedal assembly installed and today I got the CEL again with the same code. It would seem the code is generated from the Throttle Control Sensor inside of the throttle body, correct?

Has anyone replaced the throttle body and had this problem go away. Any new updates on this? I plan on taking the car back to the dealer on Monday but would like to go with a solution rather than just throwing darts at the problem...

KNG
Old 14th November 2009
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerniceguy View Post
I have the same P2135 problem. On Wednesday of this week I got a new pedal assembly installed and today I got the CEL again with the same code. It would seem the code is generated from the Throttle Control Sensor inside of the throttle body, correct?

Has anyone replaced the throttle body and had this problem go away. Any new updates on this? I plan on taking the car back to the dealer on Monday but would like to go with a solution rather than just throwing darts at the problem...

KNG
Check my post date about, I still have had no error related to the pedal...I also changed the pedal and it didn't fix the problem
Old 16th November 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Dec 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-3 Hirsch

Has anyone found a permanent solution for P2135?
Old 16th November 2011
SaabNut!

Yes I solved the issue. I posted my solution on the forum. Search for it. I'm at work!
Old 16th November 2011

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 Linear

I have the problem solved.

Please see this thread.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=217566
Old 30th October 2012

Join Date: Oct 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3

Thanks rose!! Worked great!
Old 23rd July 2013
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2002 Saab 9-3 SE Anniversary(MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by win-low View Post
I opened the peal and cleaned it. Not really much in there but a PCB and some "brushes" that pick up the position of the pedal.

I still have the same issue on my car. It goes into limp mode, I get the same error. I noticed that when my car goes into limp mode I try to "reset the pedal". I turn off the car. take the key out. press the CLUTCH and GAS PEDAL all the way down. Put the key back in the ignition. Start the car (the CLUTCH and GAS PEDAL ARE STILL PRESS ALL THE WAY DOWN) you will notice the car will not accelerate, it will the just idling. They I let go of the gas and clutch. This will fix the problem 70% of the time. Sometimes it will take a few tries.

Can anybody tell me where the connector are that go from the peal to the throttle body are?? I am asking because last week my AC blower went out. I was going to remove it.Well I reconnected the conector on the blower and POW! it came on. So maybe I have the same issue with the PEDAL POSTITION SENSOR.

I forgot to mention I replaved the pedal and I still have the same problems so I am confident the issue is not the pedal but some place downline.....

Hello: i tried your pedal trick, and my car just cranks, it NEVER turns over to even idle? Is there any reason why?
Old 6th December 2013

Join Date: Oct 2007                                                
My Saabs: 04 Linear 9-3 Hazelnut

I had the code p2122. after doing my research I cleaned the MAP sensor and that seemed to solve the problem. I have a 2004 9-3 Linear. I am posting this message 3 weeks after. No more CEL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement