P0705, P1312, P1334 fault codes - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd September 2008

Join Date: Feb 2008                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 convertible
Default P0705, P1312, P1334 fault codes

I wrote to the forum a couple of weeks ago concerning the cel coming on intermittently. I then bought the Elmscan 5 USB diagnostic tool and - after a whole bunch of dramas installing it - identified the above fault codes.
P0705 comes up as a generic Transmission range sensor 'A' circuit.
P1312 is ignition coil knock detection cyl 1 and 2 and the cause is quoted as wiring open circuit/short to positive, ignition coil assy, ECM.
P1334 is as 1312, but cylinders 3 and 4.
As the car seems to have no change in performance, and the cel and transmission warning light seem to be weather dependent, (they appear after it has been raining) I am guessing there are one or two connections that are occasionally making a bad contact. Can anybody help with their possible locations?
I should have pointed out that I have a 2001 Aero convertible

Last edited by stewartbaldwin; 3rd September 2008 at 04:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd September 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Dec 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-3 T7 5-Speed 5-Door

From http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=92156 I get:

P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)

If the tranny is working fine, then that's baffling. It seems like a malfunction at the shifter input would cause some weirdness.

The knocking codes could be a sign of a failing DIC, but I'm just guessing there.
Old 3rd September 2008
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2004                                                

P0705
Gear selector position sensor, control module inputs faulty or absent. Shift-lock relay faulty, This is right from alldata, the shift lever switch is either out of adjustment not making the appropriate connections, or the shift lock relay is bad (doubt it) or the connector is dirty or shorted, As for the other codes they point directly to your DI Cassette. The knock sensors (2 Each) are in the DI cassette itself and when the DI cassette goes it will either 1-go right now or 2-suffer a slow painful death. So what I would do is 1. Get under the car and look for the connector to the shift switch and clean and inspect for chaffing and obvious defects and repair or replace and 2. replace the DI cassette with a new one and keep your old one as a last resort spare.
Old 8th September 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 06 93 TiD Combi, #2 TiD Combi soon

Just saw a P0705 on a 01 the other day..my first. Checked with a couple of techs and they say theyve never seen this code be anything but a bad range/neutral safety switch. Changed the switch(its under the battery)code gone...all gouda.The others...make sure of "correct" plugs and gap.

@Darren-
There was wierdness regarding P0705...CEL and tranny light came on, went into some kind of "limp mode". Seemed like it was stuck in 3rd?

Last edited by dzlsabe; 8th September 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Add
Old 8th September 2008

Join Date: Feb 2008                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 convertible

Thank you all very much for the information. I read on another thread that my main dealer should have the equipment to test the DIC as a separate unit. I called them and explained the situation, and they immediately said the DIC was about to fail.They then asked me for the chassis number, checked this and said I could have a free DIC!. Apparently there was a recall and my car had never been done. They also said there was another item that had not been done and they would do this at the same time. Result! For anybody in the middle of England, The workshop reception at Holdcrofts in Stoke on Trent has always been extremely helpful. They also made all the right noises about bulkhead cracks.
When I take the car in this week, I will ask them about P0705 and the unit under the battery.

Last edited by stewartbaldwin; 8th September 2008 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement