SaabCentral Forums banner

Wheels for a '93 Aero

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AgAero 
#1 ·
Howdy!
Just started cruising the Saab forums but I've owned my Aero for 6 yrs and 155k miles (95k by yours truely). I'm planning on new rubber for my ride and thought I would look into some larger wheels. My investigations have led me to possibly using some 17x7 wheels with 215/45 rubber (or 225/40) but I need some help with offsets. I have noticed that quite a few members of the forum say they are riding on 17" wheels. I think that my Aero has 27mm offsets but most wheels I look at have 38 to 40mm offsets.
So here are the questions:
Will these fit in my wheel wells?
I have lowered springs, will this cause problems?
Are there wheels out there with the right offsets?
Do spacers come that big?
Will I need new lugs (longer)?
If I use a wheel with a 35mm offset and a 5mm spacer will this be enough to make everything fit correctly?

Basically, how has this problem been solved by all you 17" riders? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Have recently had to buy a new wheel to replace one written off on a trackday so know it has a 30mm offset but...
the book says the correct offset should be 25mm??

All this on a 7.5J*17 inch wheel.

My Azev 'A' wheel works fine with 215/45ZR17 Goodyear F1 rubber on them. The car is lowered with Abbott springs & Koni dampers.

HTH

Nick.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. That seems to be the question of the day. What is the offset? Every place I look has a different number for the offset and I don't know what to believe ;-)) Do you think that 225/40 -17 rubber would work on your wheels also? Anyway, thanks for the help.
AgAero

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.