HELP Evap Emissions Question - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 29th June 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1999 93 b234r stg?/1998se Vert/67MGBGT
Exclamation HELP Evap Emissions Question

I have a recently purchased 98 se Vert (slush box) for my wife that occassionaly stalls 40 to 60 seconds after coming to a stop (hot or cold, in all gear selections P to 1). Otherwise it runs GREAT! If you lay your foot on the gas and keep the RPMs up at 1100 you'll get a shudder but it will stay running. I've replaced all the vacuum lines and renewed intake rubber components, checked the intake for leaks, cleaned and checked function of the IAC (also swapped for another as a check). BOV has been rulled out as well. I also swapped my new CPS out of mine just to rule that out. Now for the question... I know there have been some instances when they go into purge they can cause stalling so I went to check the emmissions system components but there is NO canister located under the inner right wing. The bracket is there but no canister and NO evap lines that would have run to one. Did Saab put these in all cars or was it similar to the motorcycle industry where they only got installed on certain market destinations that required them??? It does have a purge solenoid but it is running back to the tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th June 2008
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: '96 900S, Automatic with 148K miles, blu

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=111025

I'll bet that some PO(previous owner) had it removed..
This is the American way - if one does not know what it is - shot it...far too much of this is going on .
Now this vehicle may not pass inspection - would you believe that some states still do not have any inspection
173K miles in the good ole USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29th June 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1999 93 b234r stg?/1998se Vert/67MGBGT

Thanks E.W., I just purchased it from a fairly large dealership in York, PA. Amazingly, it has a new state inspection and emissions inspection (within 3 weeks of purchase date). I've found (3) other significant faults that it should have failed PA state inspection for as well. Since there is no CEL or codes relating to the emmissions system they probobly wouldn't have picked up on this one. The others however.... The lack of fault codes may be due to a jumper (Saab E-test Ucab M0950 dated 5/30/98) plugged into the connector located on the center firewall behind the intake???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement