so i had a leftover part(s) - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 20th June 2008

Join Date: Jun 2008                                                
My Saabs: 99 saab 2.3t
Default so i had a leftover part(s)

#1 and this is it. tha car runs fine without it but i still wanna know what is for or where it goes at least. probably something very critical and i'm being stupid about it but here's a pic

#2 didn't have a leftover part but this seems critical since it's kind of melting away
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hmm.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	10243   Click image for larger version

Name:	hmm2.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	10244  

Last edited by Chris 9-5; 20th June 2008 at 03:53 AM. Reason: No advertising!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20th June 2008
Saabista

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Vector 2.2Tid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie_99
and finally a leftover manual oil pan from a 01 9-5 i great condition, no pics yet but goes to the highest bidder
Way to go.....your second post and you slip an ad in.

Old 20th June 2008

Default i read the new to the forum sticky

and i did not see anything about throwing in a little add here or there as long as it's not the main subject i assume. but i did post it in the classified now if that's better. but i'll keep it in mind now. u got anything on the sensor?

Last edited by rookie_99; 20th June 2008 at 04:20 AM. Reason: not finished
Old 20th June 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1999, Cayenne Red 9-5, 2.3 Wagon

To me #2 looks like a check valve for the brake servo system... Melted? hmm indeed...

#1 seems to be this:

Looks like you may need this is for your brakes to work correctly:

The drawings aren't very helpful and I'm still in my pajamas. Maybe Chris has a pic of this still in the car? I'm still not convinced that this is the piece...

EDIT:

http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgaller...ing_015?full=1
I think There is a picture of the sensor shown in my pics in this link...so I may be wrong....

So where in the engine bay did that thing come from?anyway

Last edited by Al's Red Wagon; 20th June 2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 20th June 2008

Join Date: Jul 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 SE Wagon, 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon

The part in the first picture looks like a Idle Control Valve from a E30 BMW? Do our Saabs' have an ICV? Is it a Bosch part? Part #?
BenP
Atlanta, Ga
Old 20th June 2008
Saab Lunatic

Perhaps its the evap purge valve and one of the offending check valves nearby that steals boost....

A melted check valve near the radiator and air intake makes more sense than near the braking system...

How about a pic of where the parts used to be and what it looks like now?
Old 20th June 2008
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
and i did not see anything about throwing in a little add here or there
These are the Terms you agreed to:

Forums: Terms & Conditions of use

There is strictly no free advertising allowed anywhere or in any context within these forums.

2. Links to commercial websites are only allowed where they are in context with the relevant thread/post, furthermore the link must be a 'Third-Party' recommendation only.

3. Links to any other Saab websites are allowed when they are in context within the thread/post.

4. The posting or use of images, graphics or avatars containing links to other websites, or any other type of advertisement are expressly forbidden.

5. Any gratuitous posts, basically only containing a link away from this site will be removed immediately.

6. Any references to pirated/illegal software of any type will be removed immediately.

7. Comments that could be construed as being potentially libellous may lead to SaabCentral being held responsible in a court of law. Contrary to popular belief, disclaimers of any type carry no legal weight whatsoever. Any potentially libellous material posted on SaabCentral will be removed as soon as it is noticed.

8. The use of bad language, racist or other offensive remarks is forbidden, as is posting swear or rude words in such a way to get around the Saabcentral bad language filter.

9. 'Bumping' (otherwise known as posting simply to bring your thread back to the top) of topics is not allowed. Please allow some time for a reply to your posts.

10. SaabCentral cannot condone the promotion of any illegal activities through these forums, any such posts will be locked or removed.

11. Any posts or threads particularly in the 'Lounge' forum, construed to be what we can only term as 'rubbish' or an attempt only to increase post counts (which does seem to be on some peoples agenda) will be deleted immediately without further notice. Continued abuse of these terms & conditions may result in the users posting rights being restricted or removed completely.

12.Anyone considering a Group Buy must contact one fo the site Moderators or Admin for authorisation first.

13. All information and advice offered on this website is provided in good faith only, SaabCentral can not and does not guarantee accuracy or warranty of any type or form for any advice or information provided on this website. Should you choose to follow any advice provided on SaabCentral, this is entirely at your own risk.

SaabCentral reserves the right to change these T's&C's at any time

Please abide by them!
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 20th June 2008

Default got some number and more pics

ok so i got a part number for #1 it has an audi symbol and then FRJ 053 13345 9A...did a quick google with it and fractions of it and nothing. i think it is indeed some sort of idle control though benP

i went to check the evap canister and it looks immaculate, really almost brand new. pic included. as far as the iat sensor goes it was a little loose but that was about it. should i clean the air mass meter?

as far as the little black thing that's melting i think it's in the middle of 26. probably should definately get this changed since it is part of the braking system....or i could just pull the handbrake when the brakes fail on the highway... . .. ..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	evap canister.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	10245  
Old 25th June 2008

Default still having 11.6mpg

so since my evap canister looked good i searched for other possible probems. the bpc valve seemed to be ok but if i understood some posts around here youre supposed to be able to blow into all three holes with equal resistance. when i blow in the middle on air come out from the bottom and vice versa. now the top hole (circled in pic) does not let air in or out. Cause of my problem?

oh and i found this diagram http://www.saabscene.com/forum/index...#entry31631515 but i still wanna make sure i'm setting them up right. on the top goes C middle R and bottom W. is that right?

another possible cause of the problem was the boost bypass valve. i was able to suck on the top nipple and things seemed to move alright with forceful sucktion. is there another way of checking this?

sorry for all the writing, i just wanna drive my car with more than 12 mpg.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bpc.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	10279  
Old 26th June 2008
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
oh and i found this diagram http://www.saabscene.com/forum/index...#entry31631515 but i still wanna make sure i'm setting them up right. on the top goes C middle R and bottom W. is that right?
Not too sure but...check this thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...4&page=5&pp=20 I posted a link to a vacuum diagramon the 5th page...That might help out...

I haven't checked the WIS, but I think thagt that top nipple is closed until it is opened by a signal from the ECU....
Old 26th June 2008
Saab Sage!

Quote:

You should ask those guys on that forum, they know all the technical stuff.
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 26th June 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: '03 9-5 Aero manual

Quote:
ok so i got a part number for #1 it has an audi symbol and then FRJ 053 13345 9A...did a quick google with it and fractions of it and nothing. i think it is indeed some sort of idle control though benP
You sure it came out of the Saab then?
Old 26th June 2008
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw
Good point - we all know Saab parts have GM stamped on them
Old 28th June 2008

Default nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw
it was there when i bought the car and definately fits with one of the connectors. i'm just gonna leave it as it is sitting over by the firewall plugged in....and hope it's not the source of my check enging light ha ha.

AL that elusive vaccum diagram is magnificent, i've been looking for something like that since i got the car....hence the elusive part right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement