Voodoo Magic - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9-5

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2008
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .
Cool Voodoo Magic

Some of you may know that my son works now for a saab dealership, and he gets to drive everything, comes home with stories about the cars he drives - the new twin turbo diesel really moves apparently

Now my car has been "odd" for a couple of weeks, so tonight I passed the keys to him and said - "take me out for a drive - I want your opinion".

So, off we set.......... he's short shifting cos its my pride and joy so I ask him to hold the revs a bit longer - now he's playing with the dump valve sound.......

Whats the problem he asks.

Ok I say, "On the exit of the next roundabout I want you to come out of the bend in second as as soon as you reach the apex, nail it, but hang onto the wheel" - "you sure" he replies - "yep!"

So, we exit the roundabout, and he plants his foot, the car lights up, the LSD wrestling with the torque-steer and wringing every ounce of grip out of the car, we are both thrown back into our seats being launched to silly speeds instantly and at 5500 he wimps out and changes to third.

Eventually after starting to breathe again he looks at me and says - "man this thing is flying"

So its not just me - the car is running 95 octane, showing 33,7 mpg with an average speed of just 22mph - and it is breath-takingly quick

Apparently the twin turbo and the 2.8 V6 at the dealers aren't that quick anymore

Just thought I'd post this, instead of the usual - its broke threads, its a "OMG she flies threads!"

I love my car
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20th May 2008

Join Date: Feb 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2003 95 305Hp Hirsch Wagon, 04 Clio RS

Awesome
Old 20th May 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2006                                                
My Saabs: 9-5 Aero Stage !?,9-11tt
Garage

We love your car too Chris!Enjoy it as much as u can!The amazing machines you create are inspiration for us.

PS.The new TTiD is poor car for me,I test drove it and there is only one gear-the 2nd.
On 2nd it pulls well,on 3rd or 4th with 60-80kmh I step on the floor and nothing happened ,wait for while-still nothing...
And they will put the Aero badge on it.
Car mods: Saab 2.0 lpt to 2.3 HOTconversion,1999SE to Aero 2005 facelift,Wossner forged pistons,T5 cams,3.5 Bar FPR,ETS cooler,Performance delivery and intake pipes by Streetgear,Quaife LSD,AP Racing BB Mitzi 19"turbo+Siemens Deka 630 injectors,Walbro 255 Pics
Old 20th May 2008
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorPhill
And they will put the Aero badge on it.
Yep - its a travesty
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero 5-Speed

Ah! Chris dammit I'm jealous of your LSD. I want to get mine installed so badly... It's still in my garage... looking at me... with a tear in it's eye... So sad to see!

I'm glad you figured out what your LSD does by the way...
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2006                                                
My Saabs: 9-5 Aero Stage !?,9-11tt
Garage

I also got mine fitted-it does the same job as Chris's.
Don't cry for it Argentina....
Car mods: Saab 2.0 lpt to 2.3 HOTconversion,1999SE to Aero 2005 facelift,Wossner forged pistons,T5 cams,3.5 Bar FPR,ETS cooler,Performance delivery and intake pipes by Streetgear,Quaife LSD,AP Racing BB Mitzi 19"turbo+Siemens Deka 630 injectors,Walbro 255 Pics
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
My Saabs: 07 9-3 Aero V6

Very inspirational story man. I actually kept reading. When I am making thr triple digit (1 more year of college) I will take a trip to meet you chris (No Homo) And I can test drive your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 9-5
Some of you may know that my son works now for a saab dealership, and he gets to drive everything, comes home with stories about the cars he drives - the new twin turbo diesel really moves apparently

Now my car has been "odd" for a couple of weeks, so tonight I passed the keys to him and said - "take me out for a drive - I want your opinion".

So, off we set.......... he's short shifting cos its my pride and joy so I ask him to hold the revs a bit longer - now he's playing with the dump valve sound.......

Whats the problem he asks.

Ok I say, "On the exit of the next roundabout I want you to come out of the bend in second as as soon as you reach the apex, nail it, but hang onto the wheel" - "you sure" he replies - "yep!"

So, we exit the roundabout, and he plants his foot, the car lights up, the LSD wrestling with the torque-steer and wringing every ounce of grip out of the car, we are both thrown back into our seats being launched to silly speeds instantly and at 5500 he wimps out and changes to third.

Eventually after starting to breathe again he looks at me and says - "man this thing is flying"

So its not just me - the car is running 95 octane, showing 33,7 mpg with an average speed of just 22mph - and it is breath-takingly quick

Apparently the twin turbo and the 2.8 V6 at the dealers aren't that quick anymore

Just thought I'd post this, instead of the usual - its broke threads, its a "OMG she flies threads!"

I love my car
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabBlackMan
Very inspirational story man. I actually kept reading. When I am making thr triple digit (1 more year of college) I will take a trip to meet you chris (No Homo) And I can test drive your car.
Oh god, there's the no homo again... lol!
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectorNine50
Yep and frankly I am dissapointed as I hear that SaabBlackMan is a very good lookin guy

My son drove the newly delivered TurboX today at work - it now has an oil leak and an engine management light on
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Yep and frankly I am dissapointed as I hear that SaabBlackMan is a very good lookin guy
LOL!
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Lol I am a very ugly person dont let no one tell you different.

Man problems with the turbo X already. I got a chance to actually see on in the dealership the other day. I like the rims on there they are real nice.

Quote:

My son drove the newly delivered TurboX today at work - it now has an oil leak and an engine management light on
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Sometimes, statement may sound wierd when I say it in my mind. Just to cover the track and make sure its not missinterpretted I just throw that in
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Haha I know, I'm just messin' with ya, I just think it's a funny fad hahaha. Have you seen the YouTube video where they try to use "no homo" as much as possible? Pretty weird lol.

Ruh roh, bad news about the Turbo X lol. If you find out what it was I'm curious to know, I like the Turbo X from what I hear and see so knowing it's demons would be good too.
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Gotcha. yeah thats true It sucks that it came third in the test against the WRX, M3 though but its kool. I am a saab man. it would be nice to know its flaws but it's been so long they should be pros when it comes to making car run. You would think that all these flaw would be things that people wouldnt have to worry about anymore.Oh well. I look forward to driving one in the near future.
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

They put it in the same category as the M3?!
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
They put it in the same category as the M3?!
I am not sure I just know that they did a few test with the Turbo X, M3 WRX and A4. turbo X came in 3rd place though WRX in fist and M3 in second.

A4 last

take a look: http://jalopnik.com/380099/2008-saab...es-and-audi-a4
Old 22nd May 2008
Saab Sage!

http://jalopnik.com/392649/2008-saab...st-drive-again
Old 23rd May 2008
Saab Sage!

Ok here is an interesting insight!

My son works at a London saab dealer, they have a TurboX as you know - BUT they also have a 2005 Hirsched 9-5 its an auto with 12k of Hirsch stuff, running about 310 bhp.

Now they are telling me that the Hirsched 9-5 is beating the Turbo X in their "on the road" tests - (read as ragging the thing to death) - and sales guys dont exactly hang back do they

I'm also told that the Hirsch'd 9-5 they have is tame compared with my car......

So - unless we get lots of snow (and I find 30k) I no longer want a TurboX
Old 23rd May 2008
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-7X 5.3i

Quote:
Ok here is an interesting insight!

My son works at a London saab dealer, they have a TurboX as you know - BUT they also have a 2005 Hirsched 9-5 its an auto with 12k of Hirsch stuff, running about 310 bhp.

Now they are telling me that the Hirsched 9-5 is beating the Turbo X in their "on the road" tests - (read as ragging the thing to death) - and sales guys dont exactly hang back do they

I'm also told that the Hirsch'd 9-5 they have is tame compared with my car......

So - unless we get lots of snow (and I find 30k) I no longer want a TurboX

Chris ... we already have enough reasons not to like you ... you really don't need to dig the grave any deeper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabBlackMan
Sometimes, statement may sound wierd when I say it in my mind. Just to cover the track and make sure its not missinterpretted I just throw that in

No need to ... Saab Central is not a homo-phobic site (and I'll be happy to show anyone to the door that has a problem with this).
Unless you are coming onto someone on the site, we don't care what your status is.
2006 9-7X 5.3i
Old 23rd May 2008
Saab Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabScott
Unless you are coming onto someone on the site, we don't care what your status is.
Hey Scott, wanna meet up one night?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread