Window won't go up all the way. - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th March 2008

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: 04 arc
Default Window won't go up all the way.

Driver side front window goes up then comes down about a third. Same place everytime. Had this problem for about a month and I'm irritated. Read a thread on replacing battery or recalibrating. I'm not to sure. Someone also said maybe pull the fuse out or disconnect battery. I don't know which fuse and honestly this moment I'm to lazy to do anything with College BB on tv. Just seeing if anyone knows exactly how to fix this problem. I really want a 0$ fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th March 2008

Join Date: Nov 2004                                                
My Saabs: 05' 93 Aero 5spd

I kinda had the same problem with my 05 Aero. Only under 5mph the windows would not go up all the way without getting kicked back down to about 1/3 the way up. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the anti-pinch sensors that needed to be reprogrammed. The anti-pinch is good if you have kids that stick their arms out the windows or dogs that stick their heads out the windows while you're trying to roll them up. Once I was above 5mph they would roll up no problem.
Old 8th March 2008

Join Date: May 2005                                                
My Saabs: 05 9-3 Arc, 95 Sebring 3.0T

my windows do that all the time heh

hold down the window lock button down, at the same time use the switch for the window you want to go up

(holding the window lock button down bypasses the pinch protection)
Old 9th March 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: Saab 93 Vector 2.0T 2006

Apparently it is the pinch protection. I had this prob several times and the service fixed it in no time. Next time I will prob have them show ME how to fix it, so I dont have to go to them.
Old 9th March 2008
Saabista

Join Date: Mar 2004                                                
My Saabs: 03 SE 5 Spd

The Directions for resetting Pinch Protection are posted all over the forum, it's quite simple.

Withe the ignition on, lower and raise the window fully at least twice, on the second closing keep holding the swirch up until you hear a chime.

Do this on each window,
Old 9th March 2008

Holding the Window Lock worked, thx...for an easier solution then what I was doing.

JonV, the pinch protection thing I've read as well before. It does not work. I can't raise my window fully anyways since it shoots back down when it gets to the top. I even tried it on other windows and NO chime...??? I hold my button to make the window go down, then I hold it to go up, then I hold it to go down, then I hold it to go up and keep holding it. Nothing happens.

Thx for helping me guys, much appreciated.
Old 9th March 2008
Saabista

Join Date: Mar 2004                                                
My Saabs: 03 SE 5 Spd

No Chime = No Pinch Protection, you do have Express up/dn correct? Meaning you don't have to 'hold' the button up to make the windows go up?
Old 10th March 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: None. ex-owner of an '06 9-3 Aero

I had a similar problem just a month or so after I bought my car. With the sunroof too. Following the advice here, the pull-and-replace fuse + recalibrate sort of helped, but it didn't fix the problem completely. Instead of every other time, it'd do it ever 4th or 5th time. Unlike you, however, I was getting the chime indicating that the calibration was successful.

I ended up taking it to the dealer where they applied some sort of software patch for both and the problem has never returned. Under warranty, $0. I don't know how much it would be OOW.

Also, make sure that there isn't actually something caught in the track. I think I remember reading of someone else here that actually found a twig or a ground up leaf or something in the window track that was causing the problem.
Old 10th March 2008

Yeah I have windows that automatically go up and down. I don't have a warranty on my car, so thats out of the question. I'll pull the fuse next like you said, since I havn't tried that yet. I've looked several times to see if there was anything in the rubber seal that would prevent the window from going up to no avail. Thats what I thought at first. Well anyways Thank You everyone for helping me. I'll let you all know if I figure out the fix without some special dealership tools. Peace...
Old 29th March 2008

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3 Arc 6-Speed

I had the same problem with my saab, and fixed it using the method JonV described but the trick was to pull the fuse (like others mentioned) for the specific door for a little while first. In my case it was the front passenger side door, fuse 8 beside the driver dash. The description for the fuse in the owners manual was front passenger side door control module.

Last edited by mjbst111; 29th March 2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement