immobilizer - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd March 2008

Join Date: Jan 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1995 900es convertible
Wink immobilizer

We my local saab dealer said that i had to buy a new alarm ecu unit as mine was u/s at 800-1000, so it has taken me two days with a muiltmeter & a saab work shop cd that i got of EBay ,I have by past the factory fitted immobilizer , the alarm & centrol locking is all working fine.

Last edited by capri mk1; 3rd March 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd March 2008
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2x 1999 saab 9-3se stage 3
Garage

would you care to show us how it's done?
Old 4th March 2008

Join Date: Jun 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1998 NG900S Turbo

EASY!!!

Remove the immobilizer module, jumper these pins on the connector:

8 to 20
9 to 21
10 to 22

This will ONLY work if the VSS immobilizer is NOT installed. VSS was only available in parts of Europe.

The VSS setup has BLACK connectors, and the non-VSS has yellow connectors.
Old 4th March 2008

Join Date: Jan 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1995 900es convertible

If it was that easy why when i posted a piece on here a couple of weeks ago i was told that all i could do was buy a new complete unit from saab !

Well what i did is as follows :
  1. On the alarm control module cut the wire to pin 20 (power in for starter motor),then cut the wire on pin 8(power out to starter motor) then join the two wires togeter,you should how have power to fuse 36 & your starter motor should turn over.
  2. Fuel Pump ,cut the wire to pin 9 then earth this wire to a earth (this will send a earth to the fuel pump relay ) you should how have power to fuse 32.
  3. Fuel Injection System ,on the relay box find the fuel injection system relay cut the wire to relay pin 86 ,then put a earth wire onto the cut wire of pin 86 of the relay then earth,the you should have power to fuse 16B
  4. Power to Ingnition system brain,cut wire 22 on the alarm control module then join it to a 12v power when the ingnition is switch on .
This is how i have don it ,my way i keep the centrol locking & the alarm on the car ,i hope this help someone out as it saved me a lot of money !
I dont now about VSS immobilizer but my car has a yellow connector !
Old 4th March 2008

I've never used my key fob since I've owned the car (about a year), just because of possible immobilizer failure leaving me stranded.

I do want to use the key fob to lock/unlock the doors, and have an alarm of sorts, just no immobilizer function.

Real Soon Now, I plan to jumper those pins so the immobilizer is disabled & the remotes work. Jumpering the pins should work while the box is still installed, but I've yet to try it.

I started with the circuit diagrams for the car, and found 2 of the three jumpers, but in an exhaustive search of the web site, I found the data where somebody was trying determine if how the car could operate w/o the immobilizer, and found that there was a jumper plug installed instead of the box. he generously provided the pins that were jumpered.............

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46322
Old 12th April 2008

Well, I finally found the time to bypass the immobilizer, and it works fine. I bypassed the system by jumpering the wires in the cable itself.

I did this with the alarm module (the one under the seat) removed, and the car started just fine.

Then, I re-installed the alarm module, and everything still works fine.

So, I have the remote control functions, and all the alarm functions, but any issues that would prevent the car from starting because of an alarm/immobilizer issue have been eliminated...........
Old 30th December 2008

Join Date: Dec 2008                                                
Default Immobilizer Failure 03 9-3t Linear

Crusader,

I have a 2003 9-3t. Will the immobilizer bypass work for my vehicle as well? My Saab has been in the garage for 2 days now and wont start due to immobilizer failure warning on the dash. Tried both fobs and replaced fob batteries with no luck. Unhooked battery overnight same result. I was wondering if the wiring is the same on my 03. Any help would be great.

FM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement