9-3 and 900NG ACC Code Listings and Diagnostics - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 30th October 2007
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2005                                                
My Saabs: 02Vrt,01VigVrt,2-00Vigs,99 9-3,87S,83T
Exclamation 9-3 and 900NG ACC Code Listings and Diagnostics

Since there are so many posts and questions regarding these fine items, I have transposed the workshop manual for everyone. Funnily it does not list some codes I have seen here.

Please note - there are differences between the 900NG and the 9-3. Key feature - the 900 NG displays the # of faults and you need a scan tool to retreive them. The 9-3 ACC will display the codes themselves.

Enjoy!

1999 – 2002 Saab 9-3 ACC Codes

Calibration:

Automatic ACC control module calibration occurs when the ignition has been turned off after ACC control module replacement or when power supply has been interrupted within 10 minutes of the ignition being turned off. Calibration is required when a stepping motor has been replaced or position has been changed.

To manually recalibrate the ACC control module, start the engine and allow to idle. Simultaneously press the AUTO and OFF buttons. ACC display panel will flash one time, indicating that calibration and self diagnostic test has started. During the calibration “0” will be displayed or any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) that have been detected. Calibration and the self diagnostic test should be completed in about 30 seconds.

Up to 6 DTC’s may be stored at any time. The number stored will be displayed by up to 6 fan speed motor bars. All stored DTC’s are cleared at the start and while the calibration and self diagnostic test are in progress. When completed the number of faults will be displayed on the ACC control module display through the fan speed bar method. The initial code should be displayed first along with the bars.

ACC Scan Gen’l Details

Code Code
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01 – B1605 – ACC Module – Internal control module failure

02 - B1350 - Cabin Temp Sensor - Open circuit or short to battery or short to ground

03 - B1340 - Solar Sensor - Open circuit or short to battery or short to ground

04 - B1347 - Mixed-Air Temp Sensor - Open circuit or short to battery or short to ground

06 - B2492 - Mixed-Air Damper Stepping Motor - Open circuit or short to battery or short to ground

07 - B2496 - Mixed-Air Damper Stepping Motor - Jammed Damper

08 - B2495 - Mixed-Air Damper Stepping Motor - Loose Damper

12 - B2400 - Air Distribution Stepping Motor - Open circuit or short to ground

13 - B2406 - Air Distribution Stepping Motor - Jammed Damper

14 - B2405 - Air Distribution Stepping Motor - Loose Damper

20 - B2425 - Blower Motor Control Voltage - Open circuit or short to battery or short to ground

21 - B2410 - Recirculation Damper Motor - Open circuit or short to battery or short to ground

23 - B2945 - Sensor Ground - Open circuit or short to battery

1994 – 1998 Saab 900 ACC Calibration and Codes

Calibration:

If the battery has been disconnected or discharged, the A/C heater control panel and stepper motors must be calibrated. Perform calibration by simultaneously pressing AUTO and OFF push buttons.

The A/C-heater control panel display will flash once to confirm that it has been calibrated. During calibration, the display shows a zero (0) or the number of faults found (1-5). After calibration, the A/C-heater control panel display again shows the selected temperature. Calibration and self test takes about 30 seconds.

Fault Diagnosis:

1) Ensure SDA Mk II is connected to Saab ISAT Scan Tester. Connect ISAT scan tester to the data link connector (under left side of dash, next to steering column).

2) During diagnosis, ignition switch should be in normal driving position. Obtain readouts and make note of stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) and write them down on a piece of paper before disconnecting battery and any control module.

3) If communication cannot be established between ISAT and athe A/C-heater control panel (control module), check that ALL fuses are not blown and that they are supplied with current. Check wiring harness between A/C-heater control panel and data link connector. Ensure data link connectors pins are not damaged.

4) Ensure ignition switch is off before disconnecting components, control module or connectors. DO NOT remove the control modules signal ground without first disconnecting the battery as this could damage the control module.

5) Check power and ground circuits to control module. Ensure component connector pins are not damaged. Never switch from volts to ohms, or vice versa, on multimeter with first having unplugged the tester leads.

6) Reattach connectors. Start and drive vehicle to check whether the fault or faults persists. Voltage values are proportional to battery voltage, and should only be used as a guide.

7) All control modules are sensitive to electrostatic discharge and could, if handled incorrectly, be damaged. Avoid disconnecting or removing the control module unless absolutely necessary. After checking functions, always clear fault memory with CLEAR FAULT CODES command.

Retrieving the Trouble Codes:

1) Connect the ISAT Scan Tester to the data link connector (under left side of dash, next to steering column). Clear any manual programming from A/C-heater control panel (control module) and then road test vehicle.

2) Obtain Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) and write them down on a piece of paper. Perform A/C-heater control panel calibration.

3) Obtain DTC’s once again and make a note of any additional DTC’s. See DTC table below. This procedure should be followed, since DTC’s B2403 and B2493 can only be detected in connection with calibration

4) Diagnose and test A/C-heater system using relevant trouble codes. After servicing vehicle perform A/C-heater control panel calibration.

5) Repeat as necessary. J

B1343 - Solar Sensor (open/shorted circuit)

B1347 – Blend Air Sensor (shorted to ground)

B1348 – Blend Air Sensor (open/shorted circuit)

B1352 – Cabin Temp Sensor (shorted to ground)

B1353 – Cabin Temp Sensor (open/shorted circuit)

B1355 – Cabin Temp Sensor & Vent Motor Power Supply (shorted to ground)

B1360 – A/C-heater Control Panel Push Buttons

B1493 – A/C Output Signal (shorted to ground)

B1498 – Heated Rear Window (shorted to ground)

B1515 – Sensor Ground (shorted to battery + voltage)

B1605 – Control Module / ACC (internal fault)

B1675 – Air Distribution Motor Faulty

B1676 – Recirculation Motor Faulty

B1677 – Heater Flap Motor Faulty

B2402 – Air Dist. Stepper Motor (shorted to ground)

B2403 – Air Dist. Stepper Motor (open circuit)

B2404 – Air Dist. Stepper Motor (shorted circuit)

B2405 – Air Dist. Damper Loose

B2406 – Air Dist. Flap Jammed

B2413 – Recirculation Motor (open circuit)

B2414 – Recirculation Motor (shorted circuit)

B2422 – Fan Test Voltage (shorted to ground)

B2423 – Fan Test Voltage (shorted to battery + voltage)

B2426 – Fan Control Voltage (overloaded circuit)

B2427 – Fan Control Voltage (shorted to ground)

B2428 – Fan Control Voltage (shorted to battery + voltage)

B2492 – Blend Air Stepper Motor (shorted to ground)

B2493 – Blend Air Stepper Motor (open circuit)

B2494 – Blend Air Stepper Motor (shorted circuit)

B2495 – Blend Air Damper Loose

B2496 – Blend Air Damper Jammed

Last edited by Flashheart; 31st October 2007 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th March 2010

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: 900 SE V6 2.5
Default Fan Speed

Yes you are right, these are two different faults and unrelated. Assumed a defective fan speed controller, how do I go about the repairs, is it a complete replacement of the controller and the fan switch and where is the controller located?.

With the radio code info display by the time I replace the antenna unit I believe that would be sorted out.
Old 13th September 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: SAAB 900SE V6 2.5L / 9³SE 2.0/03 9-5Areo
Default How codes appear...

Do i see a actual number "5'' or just bars from the fan speed...?
Old 31st May 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: MCYellow 3Dr Viggen, 2000 9-3 SE 3Dr Blk

The ACC in the Viggen is sporadically displaying 00 upon startup, then going blank and not functioning.
Old 16th November 2011
Saab Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab Max View Post
Do i see a actual number "5'' or just bars from the fan speed...?
Teach me not to read this thread in a while... you would see 5 bars.
Old 4th November 2012
Saab Crazy

Exclamation Code 22 - OG 9-3 ACC

All, I have seen a bunch of threads regarding a code 22 on the OG 9-3 ACC diagnosis. I actually got the code myself - and read the threads about using 9-5 coding it means reflash the ACC - WRONG.

Based on my own diagnosis - I took my ACC with the 22 code out put it in my other 9-3 - and it showed no faults and worked perfectly. Took the ACC from the other 9-3, put it in the suspect car....and code 22. OK, so it is that car. I changed out the actual computer - no change. I DID notice that my SID had some problems with it (pixels and had stopped showing radio station) so I got one rebuilt by BBA - it came back, popped that one in, and the code went away. I put back in the un-perfect SID - and the code came back. I took my OTHER SID from the good car - put that in as well - no problem with the ACC - Therefore by power of deductive reasoning the code 22 is actually caused by a fault in the SID. I have actually now seen confirmation from others online that reflashing their ACC worked for them, but depending on where you are and cost....I would say do not rule out your SID if it is known to have issues. Perhaps it may be incompatability of software flashes between SID and ACC - not sure on that one. Either way - the SID fix worked for me.

22 - Circuit Fault - ACC cannot test software properly - possible reflash of ACC, or possible rebuild or replace SID

I would edit the original thread...but cannot seem to.

Last edited by Flashheart; 5th November 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10th December 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: 01 Viggen e85 tuned... 378whp ~ 400lbtq

I've been getting the 04 reading on my viggen, where is this mixed air temp ssensor so i can replace it?
Old 10th December 2012
Saab Crazy

ACC Sensors and Location:
Cabin temp sensor - Located in center of dash facia just left of the ACC panel
Mixed air sensor - Behind ACC control panel inserted into the heater housing vent
Ambient air temp sensor -ACC1 on fan housing / ACC2 Located behind front bumper extension to the driver side
Solar sensor - in dash top center ACC2 / in right dash speaker grill ACC1

It is located near one of the control motors and sticks up into the vent

Can be seen here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-02-Saab-9...p2047675.l2557

it is the pointy one that looks like a pin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement