The other Saab - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Workshop

C900 Workshop Classic 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd October 2007

Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2001 v6 Spider
Default The other Saab

The other day I posted some shots of a 1989 Aero I have, here are some pic's of the other Saab currently filling the driveway, it is a 1993 900i 2.1, auto, green with tan interior, 10 stacker cd, keyless entry, 127,000k's on the clock, immaculate inside and out, touch wood (me touching my head) I do not have a single issue with it as in nothing to fix, I have not seen a better example of this model and all credit goes to the previous owner for their obviously fastidius upkeep.

I can take or leave the woodgrain dash (factory fitted, seems a bit much to me, from a practical point of view it does reflect any bright lights which are distracting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	8636   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheels.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	8637   Click image for larger version

Name:	sideon.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	8638   Click image for larger version

Name:	seats.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	8639  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd October 2007

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                
My Saabs: '87 900 T16 vert, 911 SC,914,W123 Diesel

Beautiful car in a n/a form.

Very nice, lov the wood dash, it sure is shiny. I can understand refelections then.

Nice car, nice wheels!
Old 3rd October 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Dec 2006                                                
My Saabs: '88 Aero, '88 vert

Very nice Lee, my wife wants one just like that -- late model auto, she's sick of the stick! If you decide to sell it, we might cross the Nullarbor for that baby.
Old 3rd October 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: 89 900 AERO, 88 900 Aero , 93 900 Aero

Lee , that is everything you described and more , Not sure how u have progressed with red , But I do know which one I would Keep .. IF you decided you had to choose..

Funny ... I normally love the woodgrain , yet it didnt really grab me in this pic .. Have a look at phils car in the project forum ( his dashwork ) , is what I aspire too when I get there .. but about 300 jobs in front of it ..

Love the wheels , besides the machanical , its only really the body kit that seperates the Aero aesthetically from this car , May be food for thought ...
Old 3rd October 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: Saab 89 900i

Great looking C900 man!

Why doesn't it have a new 9000 style steeringwheel? I have that one on my 89' and it doesnt have an airbag, I thought all 90+ models got an airbag...

The 9000 style tacho is the only thing that would lead me to believe it was a late model C900. Did you ask the seller or have you looked at the VIN?
Old 3rd October 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey
Great looking C900 man!

Why doesn't it have a new 9000 style steeringwheel? I have that one on my 89' and it doesnt have an airbag, I thought all 90+ models got an airbag...

The 9000 style tacho is the only thing that would lead me to believe it was a late model C900. Did you ask the seller or have you looked at the VIN?
Do not know about the steering wheel, I had a 1993 nonturbo aero a few years ago and that had the same wheel as this one, maybe I just got the cheap version
Old 5th October 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: Saab 89 900i

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson
Do not know about the steering wheel, I had a 1993 nonturbo aero a few years ago and that had the same wheel as this one, maybe I just got the cheap version
Take a look at the VIN thats on the metal bar beside the spare tire.

I'd be interested to find the answer to the steeringwheel question if anyone has the answer
Old 5th October 2007
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2002                                                
My Saabs: 88 900 Aero (Silver Sled), 02 9-3 Aero

I think the answer is that in Australia we didn't get airbags in C900... I have never seen airbags in a C900 that was sold for the Australian market. And it wasn't until the NG900 in 1994 that airbags were used on 900 model saabs here... the new gen. The later model C900 (1992-1993 and 1994 CVT) used a similar wheel to a NG900 I believe and if you look at the typography of the dash gauges (ie. tacho, speedo, etc.) it uses a different font - the same used on a NG900 tach/speedo etc.

oh and check out the Saab club down here.. we are a good bunch of absolute Saab nutters!

http://www.saabclub.org.au

cheers
Steve
1988 900 Aero - the silver sled
2002 9-3 Aero
Old 6th October 2007

Steve I think you have nailed it there as the reason, and oh yes I shall be rejoining Saab club even though we lost our ACT branch some 4 years ago.

Here are results of my VIN check

Manufacturer: Saab Automobile AB
Product line: SAAB 900
Body type: 3-door Hatchback
Gear box: 3-Speed Automatic
Engine type: B212 - 2.1L 16V
Model year: 1993
Assembly plant: Trollhattan, Sweden, line A or B
Serial number: 016916
Control symbol: Passed
SRS: none
Old 6th October 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: '94 900 Turbo Vert; '88 900S 3 door

Beautiful car!
Old 6th October 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2005                                                
My Saabs: 81 8V 900T, 91 2.1 900i, 90 9k 2.0 Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson

Steve I think you have nailed it there as the reason, and oh yes I shall be rejoining Saab club even though we lost our ACT branch some 4 years ago.
I'm involved with SCCA in the NSW branch. As the ACT is really part of NSW (and I believe there did used to be an ACT branch in the past?), you might want to join the NSW branch. I'm also involved with ECCA but ECCA is not a formal car club in the traditional sense. My 81 turbo came from Canberra and I'm sure that Canberra would have a fairly decent Saab population due to the higher than average disposable income to most other places in Australia.

I've been on a few events run by guys from ECCA that live in the ACT. Unfortunately SCCA doesn't quite have the right sort of demographic to appeal to a lot of people who want to do grass-roots style car club events and the current branch chairman seems reluctant to take input from other members about ideas for things that could be done to improve communication and increase participation in events and other club activities.

Craig.
Advertisement