1999 93 Front Brakes - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 24th July 2007

Join Date: Jul 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1999 SAAB 93
Default 1999 93 Front Brakes

I need to have the brakes and rotors replaced on my Saab. I spoke to two shops that supposedly specialize in Saab repairs as I wanted OEM replacement parts. One shop said that Saab rotors are made by Brembo and the pads by Padget. The other said the Saab rotors and pads are made by Zimmerman. Both said that using their respective parts were much cheaper than OEM. Can someone tell me who is correct? The car failed inspection because of the rotor thickness and I need to get it repaired quickly - in my state you are allowed to drive a car only to have it repaired if it failed inspection. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24th July 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-3SE Conv

Why do you want to go with OEM? Most of the automakers don't make the brake parts, so going with a quality aftermarket brakes will serve you well, if not better than the ones that came originally with your car.
Old 24th July 2007

Join Date: Jul 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1999 SAAB 93

We're concerned that after market might not perform the same or be noisy,etc.

I'm new at forums and I ended up posting two of the same question? Can you tell me how to eliminate one?
Old 24th July 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-3SE Conv

A good quality aftermarket parts will be fine. Just stay away from those cheap made in China parts that are flooding the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement