Arc Availability - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th May 2003

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                
Default Arc Availability

I picked up my new Merlot Red Arc (see my avatar!!) last night from my dealer - sweet! I ordered it on March 6th.

He is apparently getting 2 more Arcs and then that is it. He mentioned that they tried to factory order one in the past two weeks and the factory is not accepting any new orders for Arcs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th May 2003

Hy their fellow canadian I had my first deception today ;I have order my ARC during the last week of march and my dealer told me to expect the car during the first two weeks of may...I have been calling my saleman every three days or so since the beginning of the mouth and he was saying "it`s coming in soon" every time. On monday, I call again only to be told that my saleman has left the dealership and that my order was pass to another guy... :-? today he called me and advised me that the car was only in production this week and that car is not to be expected B4 4 to 6 weeks in Montreal!!!
Should I have knew , I would have kept my VR6 and not sell it at the beginning of April!
So I guess that either my saleman was full of b### or that SAAB is having problems filling-out orders
Old 15th May 2003

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                

Did I just get lucky? I was able to get an Arc loaded with everything but the wheel package, from dealer inventory. This was back at the end of March. Granted, it was one of the first two to come in - It arrived on the dealers lot on the 25th, I put a deposit down on it on the 28th and drove it off the lot on the 31st.

I guess if I had been more selective about color choice, I might have had more trouble. Graphite Green would not have been one of my top choices until I actually saw it.
Old 15th May 2003

Join Date: May 2003                                                

Not wanting to wind you up but I put an order in for a new Saab 9-3 2.2Tid in the UK last month and have had the pleasure of driving it for the last two weeks.

I was told the same stuff that it would take 4-6 weeks but the factory had the car ready 2 weeks earlier and due to good weather the car arrived in the docks 3 weeks ealier than the dealer expected.

Hope you get your car soon mate (it'll be worth the wait when you drive off in it)

Old 15th May 2003

Thanks guy`s for the encouragement. You know, when you are waiting badly for something and then someone comes and says: not now, only in 6 weeks, this can really turn you off ops:
On the Radio subject, (guess that`s the main theme for these forums lately ) my dealer has receive his first ARC a week ago (sold to someone else) and I had the chance to listen to it`s radio. I didn`t like the sound to much and told the dealer that I will be putting the 300 watt upgrade in mine. He told me that all ARC and Vectors (canadian, who are,I think, identical to the US models except for the speedometer in KMP) are equiped with the 300W sound system :-?. I know it comes with the 13 speakers,but I was under the impression that it had the 150W amp only. Surely did not sound like a 300W to me
...another 6 weeks to wait ...
Old 16th May 2003

danbob,

Just to let you know my Arc did come with the 300W stereo system, although it still needs a bit more bass in my opinion.

6 weeks isn't that bad, have him give you your VIN number when the car has been built to ensure that they don't give it away again.
Old 19th May 2003

Babyd
Reminder, another 6 weeks; already been almost 8 weeks. I have ordered my ARC March 24... added them up, that makes 14 weeks!!
Thanks for the note regarding the VIN number; I`ll call my dealer tomorrow and have him confirm my number.
For the 300w system, have you check if you have the latest sofware update? It seems that some folks got update(s) and got some good results; increase bass mostly...

Swiss TiD;
The north american market (US & Canada) don`t get the turbo diesel motor. How does it run? How is the fuel economy of the car? Did you get is in the ARC or Linear trims?
Notice your address is in UK but your name... has something more...say "swiss" to it; just asking since my brother has been living in Switzerland since the last 20 years...He`s a fast driver and can`t wait to come here and try my new ARC...
Old 19th May 2003
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2003 93SS Arc

just wondering?

WHAT IN THE WORLD COULD YOU USE THE VIN # FOR? WHY BOTHER KNOWING IT.. EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE.
Old 20th May 2003
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2002                                                
My Saabs: MY09 93sw TTiD Aero. '66 Healey 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallipNCSUsaab
just wondering?

WHAT IN THE WORLD COULD YOU USE THE VIN # FOR? WHY BOTHER KNOWING IT.. EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd
have him give you your VIN number when the car has been built to ensure that they don't give it away again.
So that when the dealer says his(danbob's) car is in they cannot change it as he will have the VIN.
Old 20th May 2003

Join Date: May 2003                                                

I got the vector, runs beutifully economy is not at its peak yet getting 40ish to the gallon on the motorway.

Powerful and exciting to drive, sometimes you forget that its a deisel :-)

I like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement