quick tech2 question.. - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th May 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: '05 S4 // stg2 '03 93ss [sold]
Default quick tech2 question..

there's this body shop across the street fromy dealership with a tech2 computer --

i'm not sure they really even know how to use it as they didn't even realize it only takes a few minutes to disable things in the car with it. just in case they don't know how to use, how do you? where does it connect?

i just want to be able to show them if need be .. i'm nervous .. but for 30 bucks i can't go wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th May 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3SS 2.0t Vector BSR Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfwill
there's this body shop across the street fromy dealership with a tech2 computer --

i'm not sure they really even know how to use it as they didn't even realize it only takes a few minutes to disable things in the car with it. just in case they don't know how to use, how do you? where does it connect?

i just want to be able to show them if need be .. i'm nervous .. but for 30 bucks i can't go wrong.
Make sure they have the right software first. The Tech2 has a slot to take a memory card containing the software for the car it's being connected to (connects to the OBD port where you'd connect a PPC, under the steering wheel). They may not have software for the 9-3SS.

Do a search for Tech2 procedures on here... There are a couple of step-by-step procedures for enabling/disabling certain devices. From what I've seen it's a fairly straight-forward menu-based system.
Old 8th May 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Don't think it will work without a Saab card and CANdi-bus interface.

I had some body work done where they had to disconnect the headlight. The unit lost the auto-leveling calibration. The shop had a Tech2, but it would not let them reset this.
Old 9th May 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2007                                                
My Saabs: '05 S4 // stg2 '03 93ss [sold]

****.. all i want them to do is change it from us spec to uk spec .. no more DRL !
Old 9th May 2007
Saabista

Join Date: Mar 2004                                                
My Saabs: 03 SE 5 Spd

You wrote...."but for 30 bucks i can't go wrong."

for thirty bucks and a dope that can't work it....you could be screwed! Like hit the brakes and your windows go down.....
Old 9th May 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfwill
****.. all i want them to do is change it from us spec to uk spec .. no more DRL !
Look, friend, don't get me started.

I thought Saabs appealed to tech types, academics, and engineers. You'd think someone would have been all over this tech2 bull$#@^ by now and made a gizmo that interfaces the OBD2 port via a laptop allowing you to upload and download to every computer module at will.

Then we could e-mail each other fuel maps, BCM settings, etc. instead of crying about dealer incompetence. This is how it should be! The whole point of tech2 is to chain you to a dealer. There is no reason they could not make this tool generic and allow you to get Saab firmware off the GM web site. In addition to the Saab hardware I mentioned in a previous post, you need a subscription to TIS (either CD-ROM or internet password). More bull$#@^.
Old 9th May 2007

Join Date: Apr 2007                                                
My Saabs: 9-5 aero 98,000 miles light silver
Default tech II

agree with you totally. I thought someone would have an interface to hook up to tech II. I know going off subject a little but peugeot jetforce scooters can be reprogrammed using a nintendo ds handheld gaming console so i am sure laptops or even a psp / pda would have enough processing power to make changes to ecu/tech ii. just need someone to work out the interface between the car and reader...........

Just to let you know i should be getting a tech II programmer this week to play about with when my mate comes up with the goods....

Alun
Old 9th May 2007

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                

There are many different options for Range Rover owners to connect their laptops and control the BECM, which is simular to the tech2 options.
Old 9th May 2007

Join Date: Apr 2007                                                
My Saabs: 9-5 aero 98,000 miles light silver
Default becm tech 2

anyone have any more details on this or provide some useful links ? tech 2 programming..
Old 9th May 2007

Join Date: Jul 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 SS Linear

Wouldn't it be great if you could just use the knob on the dash to change any setting you want? Probably some product liability lawyer prevented that from happening.

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement