SaabCentral Forums banner

Spark Plugs?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  John Z Williams 
#1 ·
Best spark plugs for 06 2.0t 93? Looking to add some hp to my car. Are new plugs a good idea, and if yes what kind. Anything else I can do to add some hp? Im saving up for a bsr stage one also.

#2 ·
lol dude looking for spark plugs to get you power.... i mean come on but use stock spark plugs they are great plugs they are ngks with the nyeodidum tips or what ever but spark plugs are like 26 bucks and they "power" you experience will last for about 3 days mainly because from what i can tell saabs run hot.

#4 ·
the ngks that saab sells are the best you could buy and i though of it its iridium tips theres realy nothing better its the most efficent spark plug you can use or atleast to my knowlage. and what do you mean differnt range plug

#5 · (Edited)
the ngks that saab sells are the best you could buy and i though of it its iridium tips theres realy nothing better its the most efficent spark plug you can use or atleast to my knowlage. and what do you mean differnt range plug
Obviously you don't know that the stock plugs are the best considering you have no idea what a heat range is? Damn that was difficult to read! You really need to learn to use periods and commas in your sentances (though that appears to be the least of your problems).

Anyways, I've used Denso's in my car for about half a year now. They run smoother than the stock plugs. I junked the stockers and will stick with the Densos. There is nothing wrong with stock plugs, but you won't yield any power gains unless there was a problem to begin with. Eg. A bad plug will cause misfire and loss of power. A new set of plugs will restore lost power (assuming there was something wrong with the old ones). When you start doing more modifications, you could reach a point where the stock ignition system becomes inadequate. That's when it's time to consider "upgrading". However, our options are very limited.

Bry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.