SaabCentral Forums banner

Seem like a good deal?

938 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  VTwagon 
#1 ·
Just finished working numbers with a dealer here on a car for my wife. Her lease is up on her Saturn, and she wants to move on to something else.

Just seeing what the thought is on this...

2002 Arc Wagon 32k miles, w/ventilated seats, automatic, midnight blue metallic, grey interior. Not a door ding on it, little scratch here and there. I got a copy of Carfax which came back clean, an IRIS report that showed full history. Had 30k mile service done, new front rotors/pads, brand new set of tires, two new DIC's, software update, the other typical stuff like seat heater switches, bulbs, sunroof wind deflector, battery, CPS, SID....etc.

CPO'd till June 2008....$15,200 includes everything...tax, registration...etc.

Found others in the area for less but private sales w/o CPO (that was important to me).

Seem ok?

#2 ·
Seems fair

It doesn't seem too high, especially for a low mileage car in good condition and with CPO.

I don't have a comp in my area that age with low mileage but the Saab dealer near me is listing an 03 Arc with 50K miles for $18,900.00 list price.

Maybe he can wiggle a little more!

Good luck.

Saabrin

#3 ·
SAABGRIN said:
It doesn't seem too high, especially for a low mileage car in good condition and with CPO.

I don't have a comp in my area that age with low mileage but the Saab dealer near me is listing an 03 Arc with 50K miles for $18,900.00 list price.

Maybe he can wiggle a little more!

Good luck.

Saabrin
Saabgrin,
I appreciate the quick response!

Although, they did just wiggle down almost $1500...and they said no way to another $1. So, I'm hoping that was enough :D

I did see some in the area that were a couple thousand lower, little more milage, but the CPO is very important to me.

#5 ·
we got our '01 se wagon v6 last feb for 14,900 with 36k. This is very comporable to what you are looking at now in terms of mileage and relative age. We were able to get some snows installed and a 4 year 48k extended warranty with a $300 deductible included. Ours was from a dealer and it was origianlly up for the "Saab certified" deal but it had expired on the lot due to time. It had gone through all the inspections to be certified and the dealer had a good rep. I agree that the dealer certified is often worth it. It had brand new front pads and rotors, rear shocks and some other stuff that would have gone at some point.

#6 ·
VTwagon said:
we got our '01 se wagon v6 last feb for 14,900 with 36k. This is very comporable to what you are looking at now in terms of mileage and relative age. We were able to get some snows installed and a 4 year 48k extended warranty with a $300 deductible included. Ours was from a dealer and it was origianlly up for the "Saab certified" deal but it had expired on the lot due to time. It had gone through all the inspections to be certified and the dealer had a good rep. I agree that the dealer certified is often worth it. It had brand new front pads and rotors, rear shocks and some other stuff that would have gone at some point.
Good deal!
I'm feeling more confident more and more that I'm making the right decision. I've had some heartache with my 03 Aero, but all's been fine now and I'm at 45k miles.

Main issue is the safety factor, and I won't mind driving the Mrs' car now! :lol:

We have our first baby on the way, and I really couldn't think of any other car that would be more suitable for the price...no minivans and no SUV's...that's for sure. She only averages about 5k miles a year anyway...she's a nanny and has use of the family's car during the weekdays as it is. So I got a feeling this should last her a while.

I'm feeling good about this now :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.