SaabCentral Forums banner

GM is filing for Chapter 11

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Rennsport1 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I wish I had the GM Story handy.. As I recall, this is not their first foray in the bankruptcy court.
During the Durant days, Billy D. managed to self- destruct...more than once..
Their troubles began at day one, but they were invisible to the naked eye.
A major GM mistake was taking on the federal government during the beginning of pollution controls....the '60s.
Its been downhill ever since...the GM executives were as lobsters in cool water...and with about the same intellect.
The water warmed up enough to be felt by man(Dick Grossman for one) in the 70s, but never the lobsters..;oops:
And this bankruptcy hurts our nation so much, particularly the state of Michigan..

#7 ·
DJIA up 200+ lol

We (U.S. citizens) now own 60%. And the Dow is up about 200 ATM ! Lol.

Now people are running out to buy GM's products, just watch.

R.S.

#8 ·
i actually laughed out loud when my father said gm filed today. they've had it coming for them for a long time and as far as i'm concerned, they deserve it. i know it'll be an absolute mess over the next few months (and maybe years), but i feel that it will be better for the company and all the car brands in the long run. hopefully reorganization will bring about the idea of different brands for different markets rather than the same thing with various emblems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.