SaabCentral Forums banner

9-5 make loud sound

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  wease206 
#1 ·
hey is my question when i warm up my car in morning i would hear a loud sound after warm sound is gone. Then at sometime when i put the gear in R i would hear the sound again put back i D no sound. then today when i went to the store i was going like 35mile the i heard the sound again only for 3 second and no more sound went home. sound like it is coming from right side(passenger side) of the car. I have all belt change spark plug change coolant syatem and by pass and thromosat 60k service and :roll: oil every 3000. please help

#2 ·
brake job talk

i have bought a brand new rotor and pad front and rear. rear work great no problem. but for the front just the driver side make sound passenger no sound. only make sound on a slow stop but on a hard stop no sound. before i install the brake i clean it with brake cleaner and also bought brake quite. are you require to buy new clip or can you reused the old clip. since the install the brake i only less 40miles max on freeway 60miles and it has been 3000miles now and still make sound :nono;

#8 ·
wease206 said:
just blowing air happen when car is cold or on Gear R but today on gear D for 3 sec.
Hmm... Well just because of the relation to the transmission, I'd have you check your transmission fluid first to make sure it's full. Sometimes fluid flowing through a pipe can resonate and make a wind-like noise.

#10 ·
wease206 said:
do i check it when it cold or and the motor is running
Motor is running and up to running temperature. Before you do the check, slide into each gear for about 5 seconds each while holding the brake pedal. Then give 'er a check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.