SaabCentral Forums banner

Alarm module

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  toxicavenger 
#1 ·
I was reading about the STA on some other forums and want clarification.
If I remove the batteries from the alarm module will the alarm go off at random times or not? I know the STA message will still be there but I will go to the dealer to have that fixed. I just want to make sure that before going to the dealer that the alarm will not go off by itself.

#6 ·
I haven; tdone it but if I understand correctly ( and others can chime in) a mechanic with Tech II can reprogram the module to use th ehorns bypassing the siren and you no longer get the siren going off at times when not needed.

This is done with a Tech II and the module in the car not removed or touched at all

#8 ·
toxicavenger said:
For the guys that want the batteries for a alarm module, I tried to order some today and some of the sites have a $35 minuim. But if you go to this site you can order them https://www.tselectronic.com/dantona/comp29.html?tse_Session=a6c4929c92198357651e500de1eadd10 . Also I tried a local Batteries Plus but they wanted to give me one that didn't have the tabs on it.
Unfortunately, SE are wrong batteries. Check out my post HERE, towards the bottom of the page. The batteries used in the siren are CR17335-FT, NOT CR17335SE-FT. I know it seems like the difference is just 2 letters, but check out that post and specs. The only thing similar between them is dimensions (17mm diameter, 33.5mm lenght, hence 17335), the insides, technology, and application are completely different...

#9 ·
Walmark is correct, the 'SE' batteries will not work for long.

I am 6 months post installing the cr123a batteries, and so far so good.

I found a local battery place that does everything battery related, cel phones, cameras, motorcycle and cars. He researched and said that the cr123a was the replacement. He even had a contact to do the soldering. My total including batteries and soldering was $20 cdn.

If i have to do it again, i will go with the external battery pack but i will use the whatever battery type is suppose to go in there. Just makes it easier to change the batteries in the future.

#11 ·
Could you just "jam a penny in it" by soldering wires across the contacts the batteries used to be to complete the circuit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.