SaabCentral Forums banner

Questions You think are too stupid to ask

878K views 7K replies 1K participants last post by  Mimmi 
#1 ·
I have not noticed one yet for 9-3SS's but I would like to make this thread, The Questions that you think are really stupid to ask thread. I got the idea from the 900 forum this morning as I posted a 9-3 specific question in that room... needless to say they didnt have an answer and they reminded me i was in the wrong year/model/make section of saab central...:(

Wow, this thread really is for the Saab/Mentally challenged individuals. ;) :p ;)

#2 ·
Seat Belts

Ok here is my stupid question:;)

On the SID display.. its warns you when the passenger doesnt have his/her seat belt on in a big red display. Sometimes when I start the car, it will warn me of this even if no one is in the passenger seat (and there is no weight in the passenger seat to trigger that alarm).

How does this work and how can I prevent that scary red warning symbol from warning me about that??

Thanks

#2,788 ·

On the SID display.. its warns you when the passenger doesnt have his/her seat belt on in a big red display. Sometimes when I start the car, it will warn me of this even if no one is in the passenger seat (and there is no weight in the passenger seat to trigger that alarm).

How does this work and how can I prevent that scary red warning symbol from warning me about that??

Thanks
Had this problem too, when a friend was looking at it they noticed an unplugged wire beneath the seat with a green head on it. When they plugged it in again it stopped so that could be either a solution or a coincidence!

#6 ·
I actually did do that.. But is that the only solution...?

Whenever my friends get in the car their like, uh undo the seat belt please.. and I feel stupid (once again.. common theme)

#8 ·
hbyrd said:

Thanks
I have had this a couple of times too !! The last time this morning in fact. I thought it was down to seat pressure so I slap the base of the passenger seat twice... and the warning goes out !!! Works for me !

#9 ·
hbyrd said:
Might this be an "enhancement" or decontent? My 2005 does not do this.

#13 ·
Ok I am not sure if this has been asked, but why does the front seem to be higher than the rear? Its like the clearance of the front wheels to the fender is so high. It makes the car look like the rear is heavy.

And secondly, why is the ride height different on the left from the right? it appears that one side is higher than the other.

#14 ·
hbyrd said:

Thanks
How old is the car? It's probably a connection that has warn and when connected doesn't disscontect easily. Does it usually happen the next time starting the car after you've had a passenger? Do you have power pass seat adjustments? If not just reach under the seat look for the wire connector and unplug it.

Dach, stop parking on a hill, that should solve it. (truthfully don't know too much about the suspension in these yet)

#15 ·
Ambisaab said:
I have had this a couple of times too !! The last time this morning in fact. I thought it was down to seat pressure so I slap the base of the passenger seat twice... and the warning goes out !!! Works for me !
haha i am gonna try this at lunch... if this works haha i dont know what to say..

Seriously this thread is for embarrassing as questions.. so dont hold back.. eveyone has them...(ie i think i just realized this that vert was conVERTible..)
:cry:

#16 · (Edited)
hbyrd said:

Thanks
This is due to the heat and the seat sensor being installed under one if the leather seams in your seat. When the temperature in the car increases, the leather has a tendency to shrink as opposed to expand and this shrinkage tightens and pushes the sensor pad in the seat. One of the things that I do (temporary fix) is to just press down on the seat and let go. This usually provide enough stretch on the leather until the air-conditioner has had time to get the inside air down by a couple of degrees. If it is too hot outside and the car has been sittin the sun fro some time, you are out of luck for about 5 minutes. All they (dealer service) has to do is to re position this sensor correctly under the seat leather. They will tell you that the sensor needs to be changed, but if they put the new one in the same location you will have the same problem. I took my car to the dealer two weeks ago, they did exactly that and it showed up at the time I picked up the car. I told the mechanic to reposition the pad and all is well.

By the way, credit goes to one of the members here, but I cannot remember his name. Some one here did this by himself after numerous visits to the dealer.

Thanks a bunch, who ever you are, this was driving me nuts.

#18 ·
Question:

Saab window washer Fluid.. the Manual says ONLY USE THEIR FLUID.. I dont wanna go all the way to the dealer to get damn special proprietary saab washer fluid..

Is it completely 100% okay to use say like Mercedes Washer Fluid (steal it from my dad's eclass trunk kit full of goodies :p )????????

#19 ·
rofl at this thread. It's actually kinda funny becuase just the other day my b/f was in my car and asks " does that no seatbelt light come on if no one is in the passenger seat?" i reply "no" and then he says, "oh there must be a sensor" lol. anyways i have a 2003 and I haven't had the sensor come on if no one is in the passenger seat.

#20 ·
hbyrd said:
Question:

Saab window washer Fluid.. the Manual says ONLY USE THEIR FLUID.. I dont wanna go all the way to the dealer to get damn special proprietary saab washer fluid..

Is it completely 100% okay to use say like Mercedes Washer Fluid (steal it from my dad's eclass trunk kit full of goodies :p )????????
washer fluid is washer fluid. Of course SAAB is going to say to use their "speacial" fluid. I just filled mine up the other day with fluid from the gas station.

#21 ·
1sweet2.0 said:
washer fluid is washer fluid. Of course SAAB is going to say to use their "speacial" fluid. I just filled mine up the other day with fluid from the gas station.
Thanks...

Hey i know i started this thread but lord, does no one else have retarded question to ask?!? im loveing this cause i can ask anything and ya'll are a FAQ manual for dummies..

appreciate it

G
#24 ·
1sweet2.0 said:
lol, ur funny. That's what this forum is for. And there is no such thing as a dumb question ;)
I think it's "the only dumb question is the unasked question". Although I also heard "There are no dumb questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots" :cheesy:

On that note, here is a question I have.. Why is it that with the gray interior, the parcel shelf (or whatever that is called) under the back window has a light/parchment color? It doesn't match the rest of the interior and causes a stronger reflection in the back window than if it would be black/gray.

#25 ·
Wulf said:
I think it's "the only dumb question is the unasked question". Although I also heard "There are no dumb questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots" :cheesy:

On that note, here is a question I have.. Why is it that with the gray interior, the parcel shelf (or whatever that is called) under the back window has a light/parchment color? It doesn't match the rest of the interior and causes a stronger reflection in the back window than if it would be black/gray.
isn't it the same color as the headliner??