SaabCentral Forums banner

Hit and Run today....

4K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  SidewaysD 
#1 ·
On the way to the Apple Store today and got Hit by a NYC Taxi while at a light, 45 degree angle into my left rear Quarter and Door. The guy discharges his passengers....I say they can't leave they are witnesses and I get a funny look as they scurry away. The driver will not get out of his car and points like he's going to pull up across the intersection. He backs off my car then shoots around me turns right on to 40th Street and keeps going...I give chase, I pull up next to him at the light at 7th and 40th Street and yell and signal him to pull over. He jumps the light, turns right on 7th and starts to run, I start to pull up next to him on 7th and he actually trys to Ram me...I back off at 38 and 7th. Now remember I'm on the way to the Apple Store to replace a failed Iphone so I can;t even call 911. I find a payphone on that corner and call the cops. I Have the guys Hack number, so I file and accident report, a Vehicular Assault and Hit and Run Complaints.

So how as your day?

#27 · (Edited)
Virginia is #36 on that list[1] (safer than New York), and has a concealed handgun law, "shall-issue".

Maryland is #4 on that list and has a concealed handgun law, but it is "may-issue", which practically means that it is much more difficult to get a concealed handgun permit in Maryland than it is in Virginia.

[1]http://www.morganquitno.com/dang07.htm

Also, Texas does not allow open-carry while Virginia does (no license or permit required). But New York doesn't allow open-carry either. Maryland requires a permit for open-carry. Arizona allows open-carry too.

#29 ·
JonV said:
Unbelievable but True.....CASE CLOSED. The Hit & Run Complaint which I got a copy of no-more than 10 minutes ago says case closed. Report has the Name and address of the Cab Company, since there was no Injury there is no followup...which basically means the driver gets away with it, NYPD does not go after him. In New Jersey I would lose my license:eek: I spoke to an Inspector (Pct Commander), if there were injury they would persue ...in his words...theres too many, theres no time.....

So my thoughts are, if a Driver comes towards a NY Cop they can shoot at him 55 times...if a driver tries to run into a citizen...Tough ****!

Edit: Just Filed on line complaint with Taxi and Limo Commission
Are you sure your neck doesn't hurt? :p

Jeez, that's really terrible news. I can't believe that NY doesn't have laws about fleeing the scene of an accident. I know we certainly do here in Illinois. I guess living in podunk nowhere sometimes has it's merits, because the police here will investigate & help out with just about anything.

I'd be furious if I were in your shoes. :evil:

Good luck. I really hope that you can get some justice in this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.