SaabCentral Forums banner

Proud new Saab owner!

984 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Kermit 
#1 ·
I just took her for a test drive and had to have her. It's a 1999 9-5 SE. You can see it here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4543578718&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

When I took it for the test drive though, the check engine light came on. I had my friend with me who knows a little bit about cars. He had the dealer procur a ODB II tester (I think that's what it was called) and came out with codes P1300 and P0300. I looked these up and they said they were random misfire related. The dealer called me and said that the car just needed new spark plugs and that he would take care of anything to get the car up to MA inspection snuff. Other than that, the car looks and runs fabulously. Anything I should take note of as a first time saab owner and are these codes semi-normal or should I be worried? Looking forward to participating here :D

#2 · (Edited)
I doubt you'll be disapointed.

I convinced my parents to get a <then brand new> 1999 9-5 SE Auto 2.3

It's been driven lighty and still only has 50k miles on it...but we love it.

I'm partial to the 4-Cyl but your car looks excelent also....and alittle quicker.

We had to replace the DI cassette at some point, but there have been no other problems with ours.

Enjoy!

Mom's 9-5 shining in the sun, my 900 in the garage for service ;oops:

G
#3 ·
Hi Brightside, welcome to Saab Central. The V6 is a great car I am sure you will enjoy it. Make sure the dealer does what he says and fix the problem causing the engine warning light. If it is only the plugs that will be an easy fix for him..:D

Finn :)

#4 ·
Hi, welcome to Saab Central. Like you, I've just bought a 95 although mine is a 2001 2.3 lpt SE wagon. Picking it up from the dealership in a couple of hours in fact. I traded a '97 900 vert which has been a great car so it's a day of mixed feelings. I hope the new plugs get the CEL fixed for you - keep us informed.

G
#5 ·
Hi Philo, congrats on the 9-5. Good to have another estate owner on board. I guess you will be spending more time with us in the 9-5 forum now :D I see the vert has had some Abbott treatment will you do the same to the new car?

#7 ·
Finn said:
Hi Philo, congrats on the 9-5. Good to have another estate owner on board. I guess you will be spending more time with us in the 9-5 forum now :D I see the vert has had some Abbott treatment will you do the same to the new car?

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'll be lurking here on a regular basis! Don't know about any mods yet. Probably a bit of cosmetic alteration to kick things off - body colour grill that sort of thing but I'll probably tackle that myself. The car's quite a bit quicker than my old n/a 2 litre but there's always scope for a bit more poke!

Kraabell - for more details on Abbott see Click Here! . They're a bit pricey and get mixed reports on Saabcentral. Fortunately, on the 900, the previous owner spent about 3 and a half grand there and I reaped the benefits when I bought the car because (as ever) mods rarely add monetary value. But, that's not why we do it :cool:

#9 · (Edited)
Welcome BrightSide! I'm a fairly new Saab guy myself & just bought my '00 Aero off eBay in December. Bought it sight unseen from Florida & had it shipped to my door in Baltimore for only $350! Isn't the internet awesome!?!? :lol:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.