SaabCentral Forums banner

Proud new Saab Owner

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Donkeyboy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! Starting new weekend i will be a proud 2003 Saab 9-3 Aero Vector owner!!! I just wanted to drop and line and say hello to everyone. One of my biggest hobbies is modifying cars and I am totally new to the Saab community... ive previously had a few Subaru's and most recently a VW... Im no newby to the car scene, ive worked on almost every kind of car from hondas to lifted trucks and bikes too... but i would like to thank all of you in advance for any help i might find and/or receive on this forum.

#7 ·
Roads around here are everything any "spirited" driver might ever need... im going to need to do a little modifications to the suspension... i kind of spoiled myself when it comes to the curves in my last car... but im sure ill be happy enough with the trade off :)

#8 ·
interesting, I'm in poughkeepsie, just went out for a wonderful drive in some hills on saturday, real nice twisties

welcome!! (sorry, forgot to say that first, just nice to see someone in dutchess county)

pics of car!!!
and just curious, what was your last car that spoiled you so much?

#9 ·
im not picking the new car up until next weekend ill post pictures when i get it... im flying down to tampa the monday from next to pick it up...im going to try and post a picture of my current car... i call it my little go kart... not much in a straight line but it the corners its phenominal

#12 · (Edited)
#13 ·
These are somethings to be prepared for when owning a saab.

I will tell you right now if go look at recalls, its a vector so i want to assume its a manual. If its by chance an auto get the o ring recall looked up on. It WILL kill the transmission this only applied to our model year. 04+ they fixed. There was also a brake recall and a couple other things like seat belt tensioners. Make sure ur all a-ok with that.

Modifying is harder with our cars sadly (specially pre-06 i believe), but if you love a challenge and want to be loved by this forums for all eternity, figuring out different mods for these cars could make you a God.

And be (sadly) prepared for possible lil electrical glitches. They pop up and are usually related to a dying battery. But other than that these cars look awesome, are a blast to drive, and besides the 2 things i mention they are mechanically sound and safe. Very safe.

And despite the seeming regularity of issues posted here, these cars are in fact quite reliable. Forums are just trouble spot central.

So once you get her lets see those pics in non-tilty vision and go out there and have fun (safely :)).

#14 ·
Just remember to use the search button before asking a question because im sure you want to change everything and its been alread adressed numerous times. I found better answers by looking at old threads because the members that do these great mods have put great detail on how to do them.

If your going to start by upgrading the audio good luck and happy hunting.

#16 ·
haha you made me google Adirondacks

#17 ·
cool thanks for the headsup! and its not the adirondacks they are more north... its considered the catskills here.. I have definetly noticed the difficulty in modifying and i see it as a new challenge... afterall parts for subarus and vw's are a dime a dozen... i think its about time for a challenge :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.