SaabCentral Forums banner

AC Compressor Removal (Bolt Sizes)(Maybe leaking issues too)

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DrSquirley 
#1 · (Edited)
What size are the torx bolts that hold the ac compressor on?
Also when i move one of the hoses from the ac, theres a hissing noise that comes from one of the fittings. How do i depressurize the system an eventual complete removal of the ac system? And is there any chance that the compressor wil seize up as its unused outside of the car? Thanks,

-Alex

#2 ·
The compressor mounting bolts are 6mm hex, not Torx.

You're right about the twin "combo hose"--if you hear escaping gas, it's bad. A new one is not that much money from www.eeuroparts.com

Depressurizing the system should only be done by a pro--it's illegal for you or I to do it, so I'm afraid I can't publicly give details of any quick-and-dirty DIY method :nono;

#4 ·
Unfortunately, you'd have to remove the entire AC system in one piece if you wanted to keep it pressurized!

This means pulling simultaneously the evaporator core in the firewall, the condenser in front of the rad, the compressor, the receiver-dryer, and all lines and hoses. Can't be done without disconnecting at least some of the lines/hoses, which of course would constitute an illegal evacuation of the system...

I'd suggest keeping the system as is, and converting it to the newer R-134a refrigerant; I did this to my '88 last year, and the kit was only $30 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.