SaabCentral Forums banner

Swap out cloth interior for leather interior.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SAAMS SAAB 
#1 ·
Ok, I am totally ignorant on this subject matter, but would love for some light to be shed on the topic...

I have access to a set of leather (front and rear) creme colored seats for cheap...

These seats would be coming out of a 2000 Saab 9-3 SE and they are automatic...

Now I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 with dark grey cloth interior...

Here are my questions......

Are these a direct plug and chug?

Would the mounting brackets have to be changed totally as well?

Could I make them automatic in my car?

Could I put the seats in with their brackets and have them be manual?

Any major issues I should worry about?

Last, but not least. Is the WEIGHT worth it?

See less See more
#6 ·
Im guessing he needed to fab the brackets because he was putting them in an NG900 and the Vig seats are post 'update'. The floor pan could be different on 99-2002 models... Im guessing that it would be a direct swap on the 99-02 models... although I dont know that for certain :cheesy:

#7 ·
I'm thinking its going to basically be a "plug and play" job. Your car should even have the wire harness for power seats tucked somewhere under the current seats.

Seeing as the seats are out of a 9-3, and going into a 9-3, they should bolt right up. The concern is when trying to swap between 900 and 9-3. I believe the 9-3 has wider rails.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the input...

I am getting mixed reviews...

1. Earthworm says it is not worth the trouble...And he's earthworm

2. Saabmania9000 had a nice link. Essentially this might be a similar procedure, but how is it so different?

I mean they are leather seats going from 2000 9-3 to a 1999 9-3. Almost exactly the same I would assume if GM was in control?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.