SaabCentral Forums banner

How to fix a Saab's Window

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 ·
I love my saab to death even if it has ton's of problems. I got it used, and I think it had an abusive owner :(

Anyways, I understand things will break and that is natural but my window motor or assembly thing whatever has broken 3 times in the past year, twice on the front drivers side and in the rear :( I took it to be fixed and it's still broken, today it broke and I managed to get it all the way back up. I think the motor still works because I can hear it, and it sort of moves upwards. I think it's off the track I'm hoping it is that and not something worse.

Anyways, I was hoping I could have some advice on how to take the door panel apart and try to fix it. I'm worried about breaking something :(

Also, I was wondering what the tube that plugs into the motor right above the S in Saab on the engine is for. It seems to always be a bit lose and I wasn't sure what that means.

Thank you all so much, this site is such a HUGE plus when it comes to owning a Saab :D

#3 ·
Also, I was wondering what the tube that plugs into the motor right above the S in Saab on the engine is for. It seems to always be a bit lose and I wasn't sure what that means.

Thank you all so much, this site is such a HUGE plus when it comes to owning a Saab :D
That is the crankcase breather hoes, if its loose it is probably degraded. DId you do the PCV update yet??

#7 ·
What Jssaab is referring to is a sludging problem common on earlier Saabs. The pick up screen in the oil pan gets crudded up, starving the motor for oil and ****:eek:!!! Do a search on this forum for sludge or pcv and you'll find it. There's an upgrade that can be done to prevent it.

As for the windows, it's another common problem with these cars. The plastic rollers in the window track break and the window falls down. They're available from the dealer, (I actually got mine from a GM/Cadillac dealer) for around $8 bucks. Easy fix if you're somewhat mechanically inclined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.