SaabCentral Forums banner

relays

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  JimmyG 
#1 ·
my 1988 is missing a few relays, like the ones for upshift indicater.

will any relay that fits that slot work or is there a specific one i need?

#2 ·
The Shift Up light only came on the US spec cars. So you are missing the relay. Though, you may be able to stick one in, and then it would work if you want it :p I don't know if the other stuff on the system (switches etc) are present tho.

A lot of the relays are interchangeable, depends which ones though.

#7 ·
'On a RHD car the light is closer to the passenger' Mmmmmmm. Like to think that one through again?

philb said:
I find that useful, on a RHD drive car the light is closer to the passenger. If they haven't belted up, you can just point at the light. They are always shocked that such an old car has that feature :)

#9 ·
kemosaabey said:
.:roll: then you have the key in ignition warnings.......highly irritating...
god i HATE those! our van and scion have em, and its the most irritating thing in the world (well, actually, that shift up light is pretty bad, lol)... they never turn off is the problem, not till you start the car anyway

#10 ·
What's interesting is normally none of my "FASTEN BELTS" lamps work, unless you push down on the key, then you get the 8 second spiel.

From '73-75 in the USA, all cars had to be made so that you couldn't start the car unless the seatbelts were fastened. And the car had to see weight on the seat before the belt so you couldn't just buckle them and sit down... later the law was turned back and everyone cut out the devices...

#11 ·
the seat belt indicators are a good idea really. but i wish they'd only beep once or twice and then leave it up to the people in the car. we had a new 9-5 with a seatbelt warning, you'd have thought the car was gonna blow if you didn't know it was coming with all these beeps and flashing lights...

#12 ·
It shouldn't beep if you have the belts clicked in before starting... though of course I always do it after to give the engine a second of idling...

#13 ·
Of course the easy solution is to actually buckle your seatbelt...its saved my life before.

I wonder what interesting things could be done with the space where the fasten seat belt light is. Its an interesting shape of hole. maybe a row of small pots that have various functions?

Brainstorm Time!!!!!!:cheesy::cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.