SaabCentral Forums banner

$26k brand new aero

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  3putt 
#1 · (Edited)
My brother just told me, after car shopping for the day, that the 05 9-3 aero's were discounted to 26k and the 9-2 aero was less than 20k. I want to call bogus on this but I know gm has some pretty asinine business practices, but this would take the proverbial cake. It really destroys consumer confidence, at least i've had my car for over 2yrs but how would the person who purchased 2-3 mths ago feel. Talk about buyers remorse, i would be livid, in one fell swoop they have totally decimated all chances of getting a reasonable price on the used market.

#4 ·
oslowley said:
My brother just told me, after car shopping for the day, that the 05 9-3 aero's were discounted to 26k and ....It really destroys consumer confidence, at least i've had my car for over 2yrs but how would the person who purchased 2-3 mths ago feel. Talk about buyers remorse, i would be livid, in one fell swoop they have totally decimated all chances of getting a reasonable price on the used market.
Don't feel bad. Even someone who bought the car 2-3 months ago would have had lots of enjoyment in the new car, increased safety compared to their old car, and possibly unavailability of the color and options desired at this late stage of the model year.

You can always regret. The people buying now may regret not waiting to the 2006 model year.

In times of deflation, people always regret and delay buying. This kind of behavior can harm the economy further. At least, this is what they taught in economics class.

#5 ·
hmm I am one of those people who bought a Saab 1-3 months ago... it was a used 2003 Vector w/ 20K miles for $24,600... Saab Certified Pre-Owned... Came out to be about $26K out the door. $26k for a brand-new Aero is a sweet deal, even though it will end up being somewhere around $28k.

Was that a bad deal? $24.6k? I really liked the car, there were no other used Vectors or Aeros for sale in my area... and I was leaving for vacation the next day... worried that somebody else would buy it. I like to think that they would not have sold it for under $24k :) At least I got the 100,000/2009 warranty...

#6 ·
oslowley said:
My brother just told me, after car shopping for the day, that the 05 9-3 aero's were discounted to 26k and the 9-2 aero was less than 20k. I want to call bogus on this but I know gm has some pretty asinine business practices, but this would take the proverbial cake. It really destroys consumer confidence, at least i've had my car for over 2yrs but how would the person who purchased 2-3 mths ago feel. Talk about buyers remorse, i would be livid, in one fell swoop they have totally decimated all chances of getting a reasonable price on the used market.
the used car market has been horrible for the last 3years, regardless of the gm employee pricing. Just about every mfctr is rebating their cars. If you want to avoid the buyers remorse, buy a 1-2 year old car and let someone else pay the initial depreciation. Think about the awesome deals you can get on 1-2 year old cars, its unbelievable. you get a car that is 12-18 months old for 10-12k less than waht it coast brand new.

#7 ·
Won't the V6 Aero be available some time in September along with the SportKombi? If so then clearly they want to get rid of any of the 210HP Aeros that are sitting around. That is a seriously killer price tho'. What color? What color interior? What options?

#9 ·
TC said:
the used car market has been horrible for the last 3years, regardless of the gm employee pricing. Just about every mfctr is rebating their cars. If you want to avoid the buyers remorse, buy a 1-2 year old car and let someone else pay the initial depreciation. Think about the awesome deals you can get on 1-2 year old cars, its unbelievable. you get a car that is 12-18 months old for 10-12k less than waht it coast brand new.

I agree, this will be the last new car I buy for a long time...I'm going used after this. You can get extended warranties on some used cars that are longer than when they are new..

#14 ·
Diggs said:
4 years or 50k miles (I won't come close to the latter :cool: )
I was offered a 100k warranty when I bought mine new, so I know they exist.
When I bought mine in December, I asked about extended warranties and the dealer told me they're not offered on new vehicles, only certified pre-owned. Maybe they stopped offering it now for new cars?

#15 ·
madmax252 said:
When I bought mine in December, I asked about extended warranties and the dealer told me they're not offered on new vehicles, only certified pre-owned. Maybe they stopped offering it now for new cars?
There are plenty of "third party" warranties available....not sure how trustworthy, though...

Currently, there is not GM/SAAB backed extended warranty available for our cars...

#17 ·
i picked up my wifey's 2005 9-3 Aero in Feb. the dealer gave me 20% off the sticker for a lease which brought the price down to $27-28K. the dealer also paid for the car to be trucked from Rockville, MD since it was the only Black/Charcoal Aero in the Northeast at that time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.